67-79 F250 with modern engine swap is 15+ mpg possible?

Clutch

<---Pass
I guess I'm late to the party. You hurt your back? I assume on the 2-wheeler?

I injured it initially when I was a teen...then years of working construction, riding ATV's, dirt bikes.... mountain bikes, etc...is catching up to me in my 40's. Back in February of this year, I was out pounding whoops on the dirt sickle, the L5 vertebrae said that was the last straw, ended up herniating a disc, which was causing severe sciatica down my left leg, the kind of pain that makes you want to throwup. Only really hurts when I stand..when I sit down or lay down it goes away...which kinda sucks if you're active, couple months ago I couldn't even walk a mile. Awhile back, I made this logo as a joke, ringing true now.

So I have been doing PT...bought an inversion table, got a cortisone shot...it just now started feeling good enough to get out there again.

I was up in the Stanley area doing some hiking...I was able to hike about 13 miles, without feeling much pain...which is huge compared to where I was not too long ago.

Some gorgeous country here, this is Hell Roaring Lake, got to it right before sundown.

11993292_10153659472034630_7418064099498743419_n.jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
I've learned my lesson on this... Stockish is best for a vehicle that actually goes places.

I never cared for Dodges for some reason or another, though I am looking at them. Appears you can fit 37" tires on stock suspension, with just a little rubbing on the control arm at full lock, guessing a leveling kit would cure that. Has an "ok" sized storage area behind the seat on the regular cab, nothing like the RC Tundra, but it might work. Even found a gasser with a manual trans cruising auto trader...didn't think those existed.

Kinda what I am looking for, a no nonsense truck that you can beat on without care.

15564617957_a9f140ff3d_z.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Wow that's gotta be a unicorn there. Manual everything and expo white

I used to hate white vehicles, but my SUV that I own is white...I never have to wash the damn thing, where my Taco is dark green, needs washed after washing it seems...

...next vehicle addition is going to be white.

Yeah I know...never saw one. I have seen the gasser listed with a manual trans before on one other truck, but it was a misprint.

Wonder if it was a special order? It was a fleet vehicle.

Showing the 5.7 Hemi with the 6 speed manny.

54eedeabd67344a5bc86223d971a89ff.jpg

f054deea6de54790a37d7c6905095327.jpg

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I never cared for Dodges for some reason or another, though I am looking at them. Appears you can fit 37" tires on stock suspension, with just a little rubbing on the control arm at full lock, guessing a leveling kit would cure that. Has an "ok" sized storage area behind the seat on the regular cab, nothing like the RC Tundra, but it might work. Even found a gasser with a manual trans cruising auto trader...didn't think those existed.

Kinda what I am looking for, a no nonsense truck that you can beat on without care.

View attachment 306092

leveling kit wont cure it but wheel offset will. either a set of spacers or new wheels.

Clutch

<---Pass
Seems like a ton of work if the emissions system have to go with it.

Yes it would...not for me! ;) Broken record here...I really don't want to deal with it, much rather be out exploring than tinkering, just keeping up with routine maintenance with my all vehicles is more than enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94