2006 F350 Superduty Build

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Just bought a 2006 Ford F350 Crewcab Long Bed. 6.0L Powerstroke.

I've been using a 2001 Land Rover Range Rover for the past 4 years. Its been great, I love it. But we are expecting our 4th Child. I looked at Powerwagons, but they are very pricey and don't have as much interior room.

Specs:

2006 Ford F350- Crewcab 4x4 FX4 Lariat

6.0L V8 Turbo Diesel
5 Speed Auto
High/Low Range
Dana 60 Front Axle
Sterling 10.5 Rear Axle
Coil Front Springs
Rear Leaf Springs
FX4 package -skid plates, limited slip rear axle
38 gallon fuel tank
285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers

10253994_10152069783390028_2531619307807186167_n.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Good find. Basis for one heck of a rig. Super Dutys can wheel, just not on real tight trails. You will soon love the volume and cargo capacity. They get heavy real quick though...

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Hopefully in the future, i can shorten the wheel base.

Tentative plans are:

ARB Front Bumper
15000 # winch
Leveling Kit
Shocks
35" tires
CB

Engine Seems pretty good.

super04duty

Observer
You do have a good looking truck. Its good to see another SuperDuty on here.

My truck is also a 6.0l, and I love it. That being said, I did spend an ungodly amount of money on it after I popped a head gasket (all OEM too, never had a programer, or anything on it, other than an MBRP turbo back exhaust system). There is LOTS of into out there on the issues with the 6.0l. When I bought my truck (used), it had never had any problems with anything. Of course, this meant that all the 6.0l issues happened after I bought it. If yours hasn't had any problems, I would recommend a coolant filter, and check out your oil and ERG coolers.

I wouldn't trade my truck for anything, but it can get expensive in a hurry. An ounce of prevention....

98dango

Expedition Leader
I love my Super Duty and my truck has a motor that is considered to be worse than the 6.0 the 5.4 gas pot. That being said even with the issues I have had you can't get me to sell mine. I have had jeeps built toyotas and can get my SD almost every place I could get them.

I have a 3" lift 35s And fell it's plenty yes I'm going to put 40s on next year.

I do love the space I can load my self wife and 3 friends all out stuff. Every one is comfortable toss a trailer with quads or whatever and go. Truck sits level rives great and fuel mileage is better than my toyota ever did even empty.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Put a ScanGaugeII at the top of your shopping list. It will give you a good baseline for how healthy your 6.0 is right now. It takes a bit of time to enter all the codes, but once set up, you get real time coolant vs. oil temp info, voltage, and main FICM power. These four things are very important to monitor. Nice truck!

dirty Bakers

Conservative
We just did a complete rebuild on my Dads truck after the faulty replacement injectors melted the tops of the pistons, we deleted the egr and cut out the cat and it runs better that it did when new. Be cautious about your idle time that really plugs up the egr system and kills your fuel mileage, all the field service truck in our area and at the mines plugged up constantly.

dave1014

Adventurer
Best thing you can do with a 6.0 is get rid of the ford gold coolant and replace with a Cat EC-1 rated ELC. Then add a coolant filter.

Also get an edge CTS or scangauge to monitor temps and the like

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Took it out in the bad lands of Wyoming. A couple pictures. Apparently the automatic locking hubs don't work. Oh well. I locked them. In and got through some stuff.

uploadfromtaptalk1397784417147.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397784436107.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke