How many miles do you get per tank in your 100 series?

kman62

Observer
In my research of purchasing a 100 series vehicle, one thing I have been trying to figure out, how many miles (Range) can you get on a full tank. Based upon the spec's posted for the 100 series, one should get the the following:
RANGE IN MILES (CTY/HWY) 304.8/406.4 mi.
Based upon the following numbers

EPA MILEAGE EST. (CTY/HWY) 12/16 mpg****
FUEL TANK CAPACITY 25.4 gal.

so my question to you all is what range are you getting on a full tank?
Which tires do you have, in inches?
which gears are you running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fireball

Explorer
Those estimates are pretty accurate if you keep the vehicle stock or relatively stock. You should be able to get 16mpg hwy with 285s or 295s. Add any weight, armor or non-aero additions and it goes down quick. You can probably do a bit better than 12mpg in mixed driving. Don't buy a 100 if you're looking for good fuel economy!

zimm

Expedition Leader
periodically, this questions comes up.

so ill give my same answer.

a 100 get 14mpg, uphill, downhill, flat, city, country, or being driven out the back of a c130 one mile up.

15, if you have a 5 speed.

anyone that claims different, has a statistical error.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I'm getting 12-14 depending on load and driving conditions. 295 tires, heavy truck. When stock I was seeing mid teens. I've got 42 gallons combined tanks and plan my fuel stops around 450 miles.

kman62

Observer
I really not looking for good fuel economy, just trying to understand the operating range of the 100. My last two SUV's I owned were 2006 Jeep Commander and a 2001 Jeep GC both 4x4 with V8 and I got around 13~16MPG, so I'm a little used to a similar MPG.

My wife drove both of the vehicles as her DD. Fast forward to 2011 I purchasded her a 2011 335D and now she is used to the 35+ MPG we get from the diesel. The LC will be my weekend and family adventure ride. I just want to prepare her for the $110+ per fillup, that what happens when you marry an Accounting type.

I just will tell her, think about all the good time we had in the Jeep's with the girls when they were young and much fun we are going to have with the son (4) and grandson (6). Pricele$$.

Then I'll break it to her how much money I need to put in mods. I'll tell her thats my stress relief.

Ed B

Adventurer
I have tracked my mileage from the day I purchased my LX used approximately 6 months ago. 16 tanks of gas with a low MPG of 11.1 and a high of 17.6. The most miles on a tank so far was 341 and it took in 20.78 gallons.

Awkragt

Adventurer
Typical usage is mixed/ freeway and we get 15 mpg. This is a 1998 with 285 duratracs and a one inch lift.

Worst tanks are around 12.5 mpg, this is for 100% small town driving, less than 5 mile trips, under 35 mph the whole time.

p nut

butter
Usually 11-13 around town. 16 on the highway. 33" BFG KO's. MY 2000 with an exhaust manifold leak.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I'm (wife) is getting 13-15 in mixed driving. Stock with 275 tires on 18" wheels. I've seen 16-17 on the highway. I have the 5spd.

p nut

butter
passenger side? just had to do mine. mileage doesnt get better when fixed.

Is that the more difficult side to replace? Then, yes, probably. I doubt mileage will go up, either. Just hate the ghetto ticking.

RobRed

Explorer
10.5 city/mixed

14-15 hwy on road trip

I track every single tank.

I've put 25.1 in and I didn't sputter out as Zimm put it.

You can read about my mods in my signature link.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94