How many miles do you get per tank in your 100 series?

mattafact

Adventurer
periodically, this questions comes up.

so ill give my same answer.

a 100 get 14mpg, uphill, downhill, flat, city, country, or being driven out the back of a c130 one mile up.

15, if you have a 5 speed.

anyone that claims different, has a statistical error.

That's the dumbest crap I've ever heard.

A statistical error? Do you even know what that means?

Anyway, My worst is 12 (when I first got the truck) and my best is just under 16 (all highway, driving 65 the whole time). I don't think I've ever put much more than 21 gallons in mine but I like to not stretch them that far.

I managed just over 300 miles in my FZJ80 with a RTT going to and from Bahia Asuncion a couple years ago, not realizing how far off the highway it was. We coasted into that Pemex on fumes, but that's another story for another day.

fireball

Explorer
10.5 city/mixed

14-15 hwy on road trip

I track every single tank.

I've put 25.1 in and I didn't sputter out as Zimm put it.

You can read about my mods in my signature link.

Enjoy those big numbers while they last, you just added 500 pounds of weight to the front and back of that thing! I've been slowly watching my mileage decline with every mod I do.

F5driver

Adventurer
12.5 around town, 13.5 highway, 11.5-13 pulling the trailer. When the tank shows empty and the computer shows "0" miles remaining I don't think I've ever put more than 22 gallons into it. It's a heavy beast with a big rack.

aaronrules

I guess my fuel light comes with over 5 gallons left in my tank. I've never put more than 21 gallons in. Been tracking my tanks for the last couple months. If I get over 260 miles on one tank I almost feel like doing the old school "Toyota" jump. But then again, I am running Slee front and rear bumpers and full skids, along with sliders, and 285/65/17 heavy *** tires! 12.5 is the best I have got since tracking and 11.4 is the worst. I didn't buy for mileage and neither should anyone else, but it would be pretty nice to be able to not think about topping off at every gas station I go by on a trip!

zimm

Expedition Leader
That's the dumbest crap I've ever heard.

A statistical error? Do you even know what that means?

Anyway, My worst is 12 (when I first got the truck) and my best is just under 16 (all highway, driving 65 the whole time). I don't think I've ever put much more than 21 gallons in mine but I like to not stretch them that far.

I managed just over 300 miles in my FZJ80 with a RTT going to and from Bahia Asuncion a couple years ago, not realizing how far off the highway it was. We coasted into that Pemex on fumes, but that's another story for another day.

thats funny.

you do realize, you just averaged 14mpg

hopefully you hold that exciting story until a day.. like... right after i die. im not sure i could take the excitement of hearing how you coasted on fumes. ..like... wow.

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
has anyone actually put in 25 gallons? like i said, ive run dry and only fit a gorillas hair over 24.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
My 2005 5-speed seems to have done a little better than most. On a 65 mph freeway cruise, 16s were common, and if you're going steady on a two-lane at 55, I got in the 17s. In no case, though, did I ever push 400 miles of range. 350 on a tank was a good and prudent result.

My 2000 4-speed was about one mpg worse. Whether that was the result of more gears or a slightly more powerful engine in the '05 I don't know. I do know that the '05 seemed substantially quicker (relative term) and nimbler (extremely relative term).

mattafact

Adventurer
thats funny.

you do realize, you just averaged 14mpg

hopefully you hold that exciting story until a day.. like... right after i die. im not sure i could take the excitement of hearing how you coasted on fumes. ..like... wow.

Wow. An average. Not up hill, not down hill. Heck, not even side hill. It's amazing how it gets different economy in...wait for it...different situations.

Hopefully you and your snarky friends can understand that while basking in your own smugness.

Sempertoy

Explorer
Wow. An average. Not up hill, not down hill. Heck, not even side hill. It's amazing how it gets different economy in...wait for it...different situations.

Hopefully you and your snarky friends can understand that while basking in your own smugness.

That's the thing about trolls man, they can't keep to themselves. They have to jump out from under their bridge and be an *** hat to everyone.

zimm

Expedition Leader

yea, its an average. statistically speaking. duh. its what the potential buyer is going to see with a low efficiency brick no matter what he does, or how he tries, so why lead him on with such glamorous numbers like... 12... and 16.. ohhhhh... and by the way dip****, "best" and "worst" are statistical outliers, AND GET EXCLUDED, therefor, what you told him was statistically speaking, useless bull**** information.

wheres your exciting "i almost ran out of fuel in mexico" story? it IS another day, after all. sempertoys *** clenches in appreciation of the excitement youre about to deliver him.... in story form, that is. NTTAWWT.

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
That's the thing about trolls man, they can't keep to themselves. They have to jump out from under their bridge and be an *** hat to everyone.

are you talking about me, or your yourself, useless ****face? in case you didnt notice, lonelystar jarhead, i told the OP the hard truth right out the gate and didnt insult him, or anyone else. the jackwad that you decided to circle jerk with on the other hand, was too stupid to do his own math, and decided to project his marine like reasoning abilities and make comments about a subject he clearly doesnt comprehend... good job on picking allies.

i will be delighted to keep it up and troll you tho. :)

Last edited:

Sempertoy

Explorer
are you talking about me, or your yourself, useless ****face? in case you didnt notice, lonelystar jarhead, i told the OP the hard truth right out the gate and didnt insult him, or anyone else. the jackwad that you decided to circle jerk with on the other hand, was too stupid to do his own math, and decided to project his marine like reasoning abilities and make comments about a subject he clearly doesnt comprehend... good job on picking allies.

i will be delighted to keep it up and troll you tho. :)

Hahaha, so easy to be a tough guy behind a computer screen. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles