Engel MT25E 250$ local sale only.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Edit 6/19/2014: this sale is over fridge is re-listed. Sorry you missed it!

For sale: a used Engel MT25E $250, local sale only Dedham Ma. I just bought a new Dometic, so the Engel needs to move out...

Edit: ***See page 2 for pictures.***

I bought it used in October, haven't taken it camping. I've used it as an extra freezer continually set at 2-3. Unknown how old it is, you could probably figure it out from the data plate (or call Engel).

It doesn't have an interior basket.

It's loud/vibrates, cycles about every 5/6minutes in freezer mode. I wouldn't be able to sleep with it in my truck...maybe if I used earplugs. There was a slight odor of ammonia inside it, when I first bought it, so I figured it was "all done". Nope...keeps on freezing away.

Might be best keeping this unit running continually. Maybe more experienced folks could chime in?

It might be on its last legs, it might last another 20 years.

I'd warranty the fridge (not any harmed contents, people, pets, wildlife, aliens or property) for 30 days after date of sale for a full refund if it fails within that time.

Includes the regular house plug & the 12V plug. No pics, maybe I can post some later in the week-but looks just like the google image-flat lid, no handles, has a knob for temperature setting.

Edit: It has had a simple freezer indicator in it since I've started using it. I froze half a bottle of water lying down in my regular freezer. I placed it in the Engel standing up. Hasn't melted.

Last edited:

Camelfilter

Explorer
I bought there 35L model CF35-online only special at camping world. The local store had them in stock, so no shipping fee.

It seems pretty decent. 3 voltage cuttoff levels (great until I can figure out what I want to do power wise), digital temp display, simple buttons, even has an interior light. It's quiet as can be, however lets see how it does in 10-20 years.

Camelfilter

Explorer
They own waeco who makes the internals for the ARB. Glws

Yeah it seems a pretty comparable unit to an ARB. Likely less insulation & a weaker lid etc, hence lower price. Seems the same compressor though.

I figure I can make a suitable insulative wrap (with cutouts for the compressor etc) using Reflectix (that ducting insulative wrap). Handy stuff, I've used it a bunch on some crazy adventures. 2 of my homemade Reflectex cozies lasted my year long bike trip (France->Vietnam).

Camelfilter

Explorer

I'll see if I can get some up later in the week. I'm not too computer savy, and the one I have at home is 10+ years old (use my phone mostly). The computers at work are all new fangled, and I should (hopefully) have spare time to play if it's quiet.

Camelfilter

Explorer
K. Thanks. What's the overall condition...dents, scratch?

The overall cosmetic condition is VERY good. No dents or scratches, some old dried up adhesive remnants on the outside of the lid. Probably from a manufactures sticker, or a sale or somesuch. I'll see if some goo-gone can take it off.

No wear marks from being strapped down or anything.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Any pics you could share?

Yes, haven't had time yet.

Tonite is slow, and of course I left the phone w/the pics at home (Dohh!). You can PM me your email & I can email them to you from my phone after shift.

Else I'll try to post them up some night if it's slow.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Pictures of my Engel:

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

image005.jpg

image007.jpg

image009.jpg

image011.jpg

image013.jpg

Camelfilter

Explorer
-Bump-

...I took the Engel on the road with me to Denver to use as a fridge. I forgot the household plug, but it's been working like a champ off of 12V. It's been on and off a whole bunch now. My truck (afaik) needs to have the key in to get my 12V sockets to have power. I don't have my new (used) "house" battery set up yet.

I'll plug it back into household, and freeze some water bottles in it when I get back home in a few days.

--My new (used) Flippac is wicked nifty!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz