Brodozr: '90 4runner

Beanzermin

Observer
gotta get the rack and bumpers back on still.
4y5u4ura.jpg

Here's a pic of the texture
u3y4ugyz.jpg

Beanzermin

Observer
I'm curious as to any sound dampening effect of the coating.

I know the whistling from my windshield trim has gone away. I'm not sure on the actual deadening. I still have a couple rattles that need to be addressed before I can compare to before.

any idea how much weight that added? And is it UV-resistant?

I think I added about 20lbs or so to the body. It took about 2 1/4 kits to do the truck. Each kit weighs 10lbs, so minus the bottles, box, and cans. It is definitely UV resistant. I had this in the back of my S10 delivery truck at work. We tinted it white, and it's been a good 8 years. Still looks decent, other then it's been beat.
edu5aqav.jpg

Last edited:

Beanzermin

Observer
I was worried about the texture wearing holes in all my rubbers. The door jambs will be painted body color.

Picked up a couple goodies for the truck yesterday!!
Air Zenith OB2 compressor. This will be hooked up to a 5gal tank.
8uhuvybe.jpg

CB Radio
3e5apade.jpg

Boone47

Looks great! I noticed at some point you installed roof rack rails. The fact that my '90 rails stop at the rear door drive me nuts, as I cannot find a combination of Yakima towers that are of the same height (Railrider vs Qtowers). Can you describe your setup? Thanks

Barrows

Adventurer
The grey raptor liner looks great. I have that in my jeep and it has held up really well. You have gone through quite the lifestyle change.....lowered to lifted.

Tokarev

I love the Gen2 Runners but, alas, the 3.0 will always be a turd. If I had the money-and if local emissions laws allowed-I would have Toy Only Swaps in OR put a 3.4L in mine.

Nice ride, OP!

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Beanzermin

Observer
Can you describe your setup? Thanks

Its a Rhino Rack platform. They don't offer sizing for our 2nd gens. I took custom measurements, decided how far and wide I wanted to go, then found sizing close on their website. I ordered rails the length of the 3rd gen rails they provide. Then plugged up the holes from the oem rack I installed earlier and installed these rails.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm very happy with the progress so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier