Facebook page for trailers.

DrMoab

Explorer
Not sure how many of you are Face Space people but I started a page a month or so ago that is just for expedition and off-road trailers.

I'm trying to post a few interesting photos and trailer builds a day but I'm quickly running out of material. I can't keep posting the same photos of my rig and my buddies.

If any of you would like to see your trailers featured send me a message with some photos and details.

www.facebook.com/expeditiontrailers

It's just a for fun page. Nothing's for sale. Just an eye candy page.

DrMoab

Explorer
I don't post anything without permission. That's why I asked for people to submit anything they want posted.

rnArmy

Adventurer
Trailer essentially done 003.JPGTrailer essentially done 026.JPGTrailer essentially done 027.JPGTrailer essentially done 022.JPGTrailer essentially done 013.JPGTrailer essentially done 010.JPGTrailer extension 002.JPGTrailer extension 005.JPGtrailerbox_3.JPG

Here's my build - use what you want. I kept it light to pull behind a four cylinder Jeep TJ.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/...ype-trailer-ultimate-build-up-thread-1180456/

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/70824-My-little-Harbor-Freight-trailer-build

In a nutshell, I took a 4' Harbor Freight type trailer, extended the tongue 10" using 2" angle iron, put 2" receivers front and rear (spare tire rests on rear 2" receiver), narrowed a receiver hitch cargo carrier and put it up front, added a wider axle and larger (205/75/15") tires, changed out the suspension to longer double-eye springs, and then had a diamond plate box built (by a company called "Diamond Deluxe" in NC) that I bolted to the frame (with aluminum diamond plate fenders I painted black). The spare tire carrier is a Jeep tailgate spare tire mount. Two 1.5 gallon Kolpin fuel packs and one 4-gallon Kolpin fuel packs are attached.

If you go to the last page or two of either post you'll get some good pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

DrMoab

Explorer
I kept it light to pull behind a four cylinder Jeep TJ.

Let me know if you have any questions.
OK...I have a question. How does the 4 cyl jeep handle it? Ever weighed it fully loaded? You have probably answered this in your build thread but I'm in a lazy mood.

rnArmy

Adventurer
Alaska%20remainder%20of%20trip%20012.jpgAlaska%20day%201%20004.jpgAlaska to Anchorage 005.JPGDixie run, trailer, Jeep 029.jpg
OK...I have a question. How does the 4 cyl jeep handle it? Ever weighed it fully loaded? You have probably answered this in your build thread but I'm in a lazy mood.

It pulls it just fine when fully loaded. Before we put the aluminum box on it we took it to Alaska/Canada for a few weeks and lived out of the Jeep and trailer. Here's a few pictures from that trip, and one from another trip that shows what all we had in the trailer (it was a weekend camping/Jeeping trip and wasn't really fully loaded). Usually when the trailer is loaded it's more bulk than really heavy stuff. This is a link to our Alaska/Canada trip with Jeep and trailer:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f312/alaska-canada-jeep-adventure-1371427/

Last edited:

DrMoab

Explorer
Haha...your driveway looks like mine before and after a trip. It's like playing Tetris every time I leave.

I'll post some of your photos later today or tomorrow. Cool trailer. That looks almost like you could pull it behind a big bike if you had to.

I've decided after some thought that maybe by creating this page, it might help to expand the "population" of off road interests. So you are more than welcome to use any of my build pix. It's just that I don't typically trust Facebook. Feel free to post my pics but if you don't mind please keep me anonymous and my license plates. I'll post some more in use once my adventure begins, thanks Ryan!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Feel free to post the ones below:

Attachments

• IMG_1078_zps96e8c51c.jpg
    IMG_1078_zps96e8c51c.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 32