What Brand

arahaley

New to the forum. Have had my pop-up for about 6 months. I have no idea what brand it is. Any help? Thanks all!!!

IMG_5657[1].jpg
IMG_5714[1].jpg
IMG_5656.jpg

Last edited:

arahaley

The tag looks like it says 4-87, but it is so faded. When I look up skampers I can't find one with the propane storage tank on the drivers side of the vehicle....???

subterran

Adventurer
Yes, that and all of your kitchen stuff is on the 'wrong' side. Every camper I've ever seen has all of the kitchen stuff on the driver's side. The top lift system looks very skamper-like, as does the outside of the canvas and the shape of the cabover. All of the camper manufacturers have swapped things around from year to year, so I wouldn't depend on location of specific items in the build as a reliable way of identification. Mine is an early Phoenix, and another guy on here has one very similar, but his water fill and propane is not in the same place as mine. It may be due to a custom build, specific to the person who ordered it originally. It looks like it's in pretty good shape. I hope you enjoy using it.

subterran

Adventurer
Oh, wait.. After looking a little closer, your kitchen is backwards because the photo is upside down. LOL!

LuckyDan

Adventurer
The photo got me for a minute too. Skamper is a good guess. Maybe a Viking? Better known for pop up camp trailers, they made truck campers for at least a few years. Whatever it is, it's a nice looking unit.

arahaley

I think that is it! It has been repainted, so I've been looking for more the structural set up. I don't have a window above the sink, but it looks like it has been worked on over the years. I'm diving into a roof rebuild/reinforcement I need it to withstand snow. It has a leak and as that goes I'm going down the rabbit hole after rotten wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles