96 Montero LS CV Axles?

jakestg

Hello,

Both of my CV axles are shot and I am trying to find a good pair of CV axles for a decent price to put on. At autozone, I can't seem to understand why the driver side CV axle is almost 60 dollars more than the passenger, aren't they both the same? I looked online and saw some for 49.99 but worried about how well they are. My torsion bars are cranked just a tad too.

Thanks,

Jake

JamesW

Adventurer
TBH i'd get salvage ones from a scrap yard rather than get some spurious ones new,the genuine mitsubishi ones are fairly tough,so probably won't need replaced again unless they get abuse.

The LHS ones are slightly different,they have a splined end that goes into the diff,the RHS has a plate which bolts to a stub axle inside the diff housing,one less shaft I guess,so its going to be a bit cheaper

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
aftermarket CVs just either explode for no reason or click like crazy, plus the aftermarket doesn't realize that some montero's have different size front axles so you get what you get right or wrong spline count. Best thing to do is junkyard CVs and reboot, the best ones to get are from the 94-96 SR with DOHC assuming you have the 8" front axle.

jakestg

aftermarket CVs just either explode for no reason or click like crazy, plus the aftermarket doesn't realize that some montero's have different size front axles so you get what you get right or wrong spline count. Best thing to do is junkyard CVs and reboot, the best ones to get are from the 94-96 SR with DOHC assuming you have the 8" front axle.

Thank you all for the replies but the nearest junkyard is miles away! Are you sure you guys do not have a personal preference for aftermarket CV axles? My truck is a daily driver but she does see her fair share of the woods, I would just like some CV's to be ready when I need them most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz