Lr3 glass roof?

JimBiram

Adventurer
I'm on my third glass sunroof. Interestingly enough, when the third one was being replace, they cam out to my office with the replacement, and it wasn't gals, but some type of Lexan composite. It had the LR logo, but since mine was a 2005, I don't have the Sat Radio, and this had an accommodation for the sat radio "bulb" that extends into the glass. I had them send it back, as it wasn't the correct replacement, but have wondered about the other glass replacement as to whether there might be an aftermarket out there that would fit the 2005 LR3. And I wonder what vehicle is supposed to get the Lexan piece that they took back?

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JAK

JAK:JeremySnow
Jim,

My 2006 does not have the SatNav through the glass either. I will be making a poly-carbonate panel in the next month or so. I have sourced a 1/4 polycarbonate panel that is UV resistant and has a 50% tint. I have ruled out a metal alternative as I think it will get too dark inside.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Jim,

My 2006 does not have the SatNav through the glass either. I will be making a poly-carbonate panel in the next month or so. I have sourced a 1/4 polycarbonate panel that is UV resistant and has a 50% tint. I have ruled out a metal alternative as I think it will get too dark inside.

Did you ever do this panel installation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior