King Shock 2.5 Adjustable

JFarris

Wanderer
Hard to find any good reviews for these shocks. Has anyone tried them? I have OME right now, which are great, but I'm wanting more for what I do with my JK.

dave1014

Adventurer
Cant go wrong with any of the King shocks. One of the best in the business

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Vince1

Adventurer
I've been running King adjustables for awhile now. Replaced Bilsteins in AEV lift. They've held up well. Best riding shock I have ever experienced. The adjustability is awesome, I use it a lot for different load and road conditions (I often tow an off road trailer). I also added their bumpstops front and rear and highly recommend them as well. With the combo, you can go full speed over rough roads in total comfort. The shocks are a little large, so I had to relocate my rear sway bar to keep it from hitting the reservoir (similar to what people do with Metalcloak six-packs). Another option would have been to use a remote reservoir mount to relocate them. This may be unique to my setup...others fit fine. I like the fact that they are serviceable. Expensive, but the best and last shock you will ever buy for your Jeep.

Attachments

• king2.JPG
    king2.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 98

ohv

Observer
2.5s are some of the best. You can add a ton of valving and not all to worry about heat since the displacement of oil ratio.

I'm personally looking at 9100s with acv's or 2.5s for my 06 2500 Dodge.

The used market is sweet for 2.5s

I'd keep an eye out on race dezert and desert rangers for kings.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94