WASURF63 FWC Shell

WASURF63

Adventurer
It's been a long time getting around to this for me. Lot's of personal set backs in life since last year. Oh well, that's life!
For starters I'm not going to refer to this as a "build thread", because 99% of it is from the factory or bolt-on.
I wanted this camper to meet all my requirements and be as simple as possible. My other builds were pretty fun to do,
but what I learned along the way is that I put more s#%*$ into/on them than I really needed. What I value the most is inside space. I don't live full time in my camper so my requirements are different than some here on ExPo.

Ok, I'm done rambling so here are the pictures...

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    502.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 54

WASURF63

Adventurer
Exterior additions: >Solar panel & Yakima racks (not pictured), rear wall steps.

Interior additions: >LED lights, curtains, screen door, heavy duty plastic drawers for eating/cooking utensils and clothes.
>aux batt, solar controller, and Blue Sea fuse panel in comp under fridge (not pictured).
I moved the dual 12V receptacle from the back corner to under the dinette and the only
"building" that occurred was a cabinet for my Dometic fridge.

*** Sorry about the last few sideways photos. Couldn't seem to fix that no matter what I tried :smilies27

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 40

WASURF63

Adventurer
Awesome setup Walt! Do you keep your boards on the roof rack? How did you secure the drawers?

Yah, boards strapped to the roof racks (via KanuLock straps) if I take more than a couple.
........and having the (Grandby size) room inside to change in/out of wetsuits is "gold" here in the PacNW.
If flying solo and only a couple shortboards, I just toss 'em inside.

Drawers are simply secured with bungee cords. Works pretty darn good actually. (Sorry about the sideways photos)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 36

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
There was a Dodge configured like yours with a FWC at one of the Oregon beach parks north of Cape Blanco in Sept '12. We camped at that park and noticed the truck. Timing was super as all the dads were back to work and students back in school. Most of the beach parks were deserted. Mobbed two weeks before.
Very nice build!

WASURF63

Adventurer
There was a Dodge configured like yours with a FWC at one of the Oregon beach parks north of Cape Blanco in Sept '12. We camped at that park and noticed the truck. Timing was super as all the dads were back to work and students back in school. Most of the beach parks were deserted. Mobbed two weeks before.
Very nice build!

Thanks!

Scoutman

Explorer
Very nice setup. Having a mineral gray quad cab long bed ram myself just makes it that much sweeter. I am loving the simplicity of the camper and it looks like it's a good fit size wise on the truck.

Has the front of the truck been leveled or is it all stock other than wheels and tires?

WASURF63

Adventurer
It has been leveled.

BTW, I was stationed (TAD) at Redstone Arsenal there in Huntsville back in the early 80's.
It can get pretty darn hot and humid there as I remember. :Wow1:

Scoutman

Explorer
It has been leveled.

BTW, I was stationed (TAD) at Redstone Arsenal there in Huntsville back in the early 80's.
It can get pretty darn hot and humid there as I remember. :Wow1:

Indeed it can. AC in a TC is a must here if you intend on camping anytime from late april to september.

What did you use to level? Replacement springs, spacers, ??? Brand?

Is the fridge a compressor fridge?

WASURF63

Adventurer
Bought it already leveled, so unsure about brand. Looks like an aftermarket taller coil spring set up front.
Yes, it's a Dometic CR65 compressor fridge like FWC installs, but got it MUCH cheaper and it included the flush mount frame.
Wired it into my Blue Sea fuse panel to be DC only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke