Could use some help finding a set of wheels for my tires

Cloud6221

I have a set of Goodyear Duratrac Lt 235/80R17 tires. The tires require a 6.0-7.5 wide wheel. I have a 5X5 bolt pattern on my rig. The stock rims are fine width wise to fit these tires. However, they rub a little so I bought 1.5inch spacers, this eliminated the rubbing.

I'm looking to get new wheels and eliminating the use of a spacer. While my current wheel and spacer combo, my backspacing is 4.5 in. I would like a steel wheel that doesn't cost more then ~100$. For example, I would like a wheel much like this, Black Rock Wheels 997 Type 8. This would be the perfect wheel. However, they are 8 inch wide. A half and inch bigger then the tires I already have. Would the extra width be a huge problem on the trail and road?

Any I stuck with my stock wheels and/or spacers? I was able to find similar wheels without the backspacing I would like. But, in this case I would still have to use a spacer. I was also able to find some classic style wheels with my required specs. However, they run close to 200$ each.

In short, I'm looking for a military(ish) style steel wheel 17X(6.0-7.5) 5x5 backspacing 4.5inchs for ~100$. Does anyone know where I can get such a set?

Thank you for your time in reading my message. I hope to hear from anyone soon

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
and also, in all honesty, 1/2 inch is not going to make a huge difference. I was fretting over this but I ordered a 9 inch instead of an 8.5

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Summit has some with 4" bs that cost less but would stick out more.
I agree though; 1/2" isn't a biggie. You'll sit 1mm lower maybe.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
If that, Bill, got my new ST MAXX ordered mounted on American eagle 012 wheels. should be a nice setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94