Longer Rear Brake line reccomendations.

pwr2lbs

Observer
I Installed OME 2.5 lift + suspension on my 03 Tacoma recently, with the Dakar rear leafs. I noticed when I had it on the lift at work that the rear brake line gets a little to tight for my liking at full travel. I checked it again also off road and I am still not happy with how tight it looks.

Anyone running the same setup, and if so what brake line extension would you recommend? I found a couple online, but they are about 6 inches longer, I am thinking I only need 2-3 inches longer. I also saw a rear line that needed the bracket modified to work. Anyone now of one that is plug and play, and isn't half a foot longer? Thanks in advance.

Toiyabe

Adventurer
Wheeler's Offroad

Makes an excellent extended brake line that worked well for me.

I have a 2001 TRD with a 1.5" Wheeler's AAL, and it was tight enough to make me worry, although not under serious tension. This is at full droop with 5125 Bilsteins (they offer about 2" more droop travel) purchased from Down South Motorsports.

The Wheeler's line is longer, but not absurdly so, in that you don't need to run an auxiliary retention device to keep it from hanging up on things. Here it is, installed, at full droop.

Here is a link.
http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/95-04-tacoma-brake-lines/95-04-tacoma-rear-brake-line-for-stock-height-to-3-5-lift-19/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94