New RRC Joining

michel77

Adventurer
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post up here and introduce myself and the new addi(c)tion :)

We sold our Land *cough* Cruiser *cough* a while back and even though we replaced it with a nice, newer gen3 Montero, I was itching for an older truck I could wrench on and build out for our camping trips. I think I found that in the Range Rover Classic and I'll be picking up this beauty from '87 this weekend. I'm pretty excited, pretty well set up as it is so I figure a quick baseline and we'll hit the trails!

Good to be here guys, I'll post up more after picking her up!

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Welcome! A 87 to 89 are some of the best years. Plenty of "advice" here. Sons have 87 and 89. Me? 95.

What's under the truck? :coffeedrink:

michel77

Adventurer
Thanks guys! Drove her home yesterday and did well, actually surprised how well it performed on the highway and over the mountains. No crazy leaks as far as I can tell after initial inspection, looks like a small oil leak and maybe some power steering but have to look into it. The best surprise was the Bilstein shocks and springs that were already mounted, look to be fairly new as well so they should last a while and I'm not going any bigger on tires so should work well (may need a spacer as I have some rubbing at full steering).

I did find both floor pans rusted out pretty bad. I will have to patch that up within the next few months, probably end up cutting it out and putting in some new sheet metal, not a huge deal.

All in all, pretty pleased. Needs work for sure, but nothing critical and should be set for the summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior