Quickfist, the tool mounting solution?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
As for those suggesting to buy from certain vendors, if a part or accessory is made in the same place and has very little chance of ever needing to be warrantied, why not buy it wherever you can find it cheapest? 90% of junk these days is made overseas by exploited workers, so why would I pay more just to put more money in another person's pocket? And before anyone goes on about supporting "local" sellers, my minor was in marketing and I know where our junk comes from.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
As for those suggesting to buy from certain vendors, if a part or accessory is made in the same place and has very little chance of ever needing to be warrantied, why not buy it wherever you can find it cheapest? 90% of junk these days is made overseas by exploited workers, so why would I pay more just to put more money in another person's pocket? And before anyone goes on about supporting "local" sellers, my minor was in marketing and I know where our junk comes from.
Well, I buy from Southeast Overland because I know Steve, camp with him, wheel with him, trust him with my life and limb...
He donates products (quickfists at times) for local charity auctions, for Country Fried Weekend, and other worthy gatherings of like-minded overlanders.
In short, he's family.
Amazon ain't family.

I'll always elect to spend my dollars within the family when I can.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Will at Sierra expeditions is still offering free shipping....
Hilldweller, I hear you! I'd rather spend a few extra bucks (here and there) to support small business.

FirerescuePW

Maybe some of you with more QF experience than I can help me...

I mounted a maul and a sledge hammer horizontally on the outer wall of a bed tool box in my PW. Both tools caused the QFs to sag immediately. They look nothing like the photos in this thread. It's quite a pain to secure the tools at times. Has anyone experienced this?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

I mounted a maul and a sledge hammer horizontally on the outer wall of a bed tool box in my PW. Both tools caused the QFs to sag immediately. They look nothing like the photos in this thread. It's quite a pain to secure the tools at times. Has anyone experienced this?

Picture?
Mine mounted solidly and never gave a hint of letting go.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'd have to see a photo of that to understand. Maybe not tight enough mount or not a big enough washer in the middle? The only Quickfist I haven't been delighted with is the smallest one - it definitely sags holding heavy tools like breaker bars.

Gravyboat

I like to fish
In Canada you can order from Northridge 4x4. Free shipping on orders over $100. My buddy and I ordered a kit each.

Wainiha

Explorer
Quickfist is made in the US. At least that what it says. I feel I'd rather spend a couple extra dollars and support the small local businesses. THE ONES THAT SUPPORT OUR SPORT.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Disagree, if you are a small business, amazon is a great way to broaden your reach. And if you use their 3PL services you don't need to invest in infrastructure / increase fixed costs much at all. A few years ago I did research on 3PL options for a business we were setting up and the amazon offering was quite competitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94