2nd Gen Tundra dbl cab Rear Seat Flip Mod

amo292

Adventurer
Hello all! I am not sure if this topic has been covered already but I thought it may be a help to you tundra guys. This mod was found online after lots of searching. What this mod does is allow you to flip the back seat of your double cab up as well as down. This opens up a solid 4 inches of storage space behind your seat to store anything you need!
View attachment 221749
So the first step is to remove the headrest and the six 14mm bolts that hold the split rear seat in place.
View attachment 221751View attachment 221752
Once all these bolts are out you need to fold the seat into the up position. You then lift from the bottom of the seat straight up until the seats come off the hooks in the rear. After you have done this on both sides fold the seat flat down. You can now see these hooks that must be shortened.
View attachment 221756View attachment 221757
I found it easiest to just leave them on and cut them with a hack saw. Measuring from the bottom cut 7/8 of an inch off the end. Try to keep an angle like stock. Once this is done you can bolt everything back up.

To lock the back seat in position flip the bottom section up about half way to lift the back of the seat to its highest position. Firmly push it back then drop the seat to its original position to lock it. Just do the opposite to flip forward the back. If you need any clarification just ask! I can always post a video.

Hope this helps!

whocoudaknoed

Thanks amo. Thanks for the heads up on this mod. Have a 2013 tundra in need of more storage, so now I know this can be done. Ever get out to Oregon coast give me a shout. Lotsa rivers and public land to see.

amo292

Adventurer
Thanks for reviving the thread. Here are the photos hopefully?

Attachments

• IMG_4955.jpg
    IMG_4955.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 6.43.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 6.43.12 PM.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4957.jpg
    IMG_4957.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4956.jpg
    IMG_4956.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 32

GaryMc

Explorer
Super easy and effective hack. Thanks
. I did it in less than an hour this evening and am now wondering if anyone has made a platform over the seatform wires and foam?
I did the mod to allow for a fridge and to let my dog in the backseat without covering the upholstery in hair.

amo292

Adventurer
Great to see it was useful! I have not seen a platform to go over the back. I have thought about it previously using simple 1/4"-1/2" plywood, but haven't done it. If you do come up with something please share!

amo292

Adventurer
I did a similar mod and installed a couple of Adventure Trailer custom boxes. Great use of space for our use of the Tundra. See:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/136352-Custom-Tundra-Bed-Storage-Phase-1/page8

I have followed your build and loved what you did there. Bajacris also did something similar. I really wish I could completely remove the rear seats and make a custom platform for the dog and gear but need the passenger capability a couple times a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles