Family TrucksterRebuild: 79 Bronco

llirttoc

Here is what I'm starting out with:

Is this finished? Do I need more braces, expanded metal floor, or plywood, don't know how to finish it.

Want this to be a flip up bench with recovery gear stored inside, but also want to do a platform but not sure how to execute.

All this space and I'm not sure what to do with it. I also need to get a 63 quart fridge in there.

I have a problem with completing projects, I get them to where they can be driven and try to finish the little things as I'm driving and using the rig, this has been going on for 15 years. I don't have a garage to work in so this is being done on gravel in the back yard. I'm at the point where I'm running out of ideas on how to finish things like the canoe rack, do I put expanded floor or more piping? Where do I place tie down points, do I even need any? Do I need more bracing? I started out putting troop seats in the rear that would flip open for chain storage around the wheel wells but what do I do now, hinge or just set the covers on? Would like to make padded back rests but only a short person or kid could set in the back with out being crouched over. I'm good with getting the general idea but detailed things like latches and hinges, tie down attachment escapes me. Would like a napping platform, inside is too small to sleep in but would be good for a nap while my wife is driving. I think I need help. My intentions are to have a rig I can drive cross country with my camper but still go wheeling. Plans are to have the inside Rhino Lined to quiet things down. Here are some pics of my mess:
Not sure if this is a good idea but I did it any way. I will weld up the body seams as well.

Needed just a little more "lift" replacing springs with new hd coils. This is stock ride height with 37's, no fender rubbing here, we don't need no stinking lift.

Bam! That's better, just a little more Clarence.

This was a bad idea. Should have place the plexy window where the original window resided. Will be moving these. But not sure how to attach, bolt, snap, Velcro, or do I use clear vinyl and pretend to be a jeep so people will think I'm cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94