4Door Bronco build

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
How you do the charging is gonna depend on what you intend to use that second battery for.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Lights and winch should be connected to the primary battery in a dual battery setup. So you don't need anything special - just parallel them to create one big battery and be done with it.

patl

Adventurer
Dwh- Have read some of your comments on other posts. Makes sense to me. Keep it simple. Will consult with Thomas today as he is more the electrical expert. He just wanted me to search ideas for consideration. Saves a lot of time and money.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Yea. I mean if you wanted to keep the second battery isolated just to have a spare for jump starting or whatnot, that'd be a different thing, but you don't really need that unless you are planning to run your engine battery down at night with aux loads like a fridge and stuff.

patl

Adventurer
Still moving along. This week finishing up AC and heater lines, mounts for the condenser and radiator, and water bottle/ spray bottle mounts. Not going to be able to squeeze 2 batteries on the left side. Just have to live with it.

AC lines 006.JPG

AC lines 004.JPG

AC lines 005.JPG

Using a combo overflow/ spray bottle from a 200 F150, but forgot to take a picture. Worked out real nice.

Attachments

• AC lines 003.JPG
    AC lines 003.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 65

Anthony24x

Observer
The worst part about zipping through sixteen pages is finding the truck isn't finished! Looks great! What are you using for axles?

patl

Adventurer
Ford big bearing 9" with Detroit and alloy 31 spline axles in rear, and Dana 44 front with air locker and 30 spline alloy axles. Rear is one of the last Wild Horses super heavy duty housings. Similar setup on my '76 has proven to be bullet proof so far.

Don't know how many more pages it's going to take to finish it, but hopefully won't be 16.

Next week starts the wiring for the engine. Should be interesting cramming all those wires, relays, etc. into the small area of the Bronco, but Thomas says he can do it. They are up at the Fall Crawl in Harlan, Kentucky this weekend, so maybe a little R&R will help him focus next week.

Last edited:

patl

Adventurer
Another week goes by and steady progress is being made although there isn't a lot to show for pictures. Power steering and hydroboost bolted in and lines run. Thomas has been busy on other customer projects this week, but I have started modifying a 2000 era F150 rear bench seat for the rear seat. This will fold forward to make a flat ledge to stack ice chests, gear , etc... It took some cutting and fitting to move back far enough and clear the roll cage. The brackets had to be cut 3" to allow fit, but it looks like everything is going to work well. Didn't stop long enough to take pictures, but will have some Monday. The back part will have to narrowed 3" and the height cut down about 4" in order to fit, then brackets made to bolt to the roll bar. Once all that is done the roll cage can head off to the powder coat guys. I am stuck waiting on Thomas to wire the engine compartment before I start wiring and installing the dash. Should be getting into it this coming week.

patl

Adventurer
Here are the pictures of the combo overflow and wash bottle, and progress on modifying and installing a rear seat from a later model F150.

Rear seat 002.JPG

Rear seat 005.JPG

Rear seat 006.JPG

Seat will fold down to make a storage ledge for whatever needs are at the time. Bottom brackets were cut and shortened 3" to move seat back for front seat clearance. Now the back part has to be cut down (3" in width and 5"-6" in height), in order to fit and clear roll cage. Should have this completed today- then off to the upholster guys to match the front black fabric.

Roll cage will then go to sand blaster's and powder coat. Will be done in Silver Vein.

patl

Adventurer
Those turned out nice. Bronco rear seats were never comfortable for full size adults, no matter what seats are in them.

The Bronco wheel houses are plenty wide, but are a little lacking in length to handle tires over 36". Have had to heavily cut my '76 for clearance for 36" TSL's. Someone needs to build some about 3" longer for lifts 3 1/2" or less. I modified the fronts when we replaced the kick panels.

patl

Adventurer
A little adjustment on the rear seat bottom. Didn't like the way it was turning out so found another bottom and reworked it. This looks a little better. Front seat mounts are built and ready for install.

seats 001.JPG

seats 002.JPG

seats 003.JPG

Cage is sand blasted and on the trailer headed to powder coat Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94