OBS F250 slow adventure build

chaos616

Adventurer
Hey,

Right on, yeah I think I just need to stop getting my truck airborne (not much but still). I think extra shocks may keep things in line a little more, but your right, the benefit may not be worth the price of the shocks. I liked your bumpstops, may have to look into getting some ford ones for the truck, the poly urethane just doesn't seem to hold up as good as the stock rubber/foam stuff that the manufacturers use. I agree with simplicity, which is why i'm thinking radius arm etc...

Cheers,!

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well don't i feel bad you where no more than 10 miles from my house and 7 lakes. We could have meet up and shown you some nice camping lakes away from pepole.

I live in Long Beach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

amgvr4

Adventurer
I forgot that you are in that area now. We made Long beach an impromptu lunch stop on our way back from Oregon. I did notice a ton of FS roads off the 101 and was tempted to go exploring but my family would have killed me after the already long weekend!

98dango

Expedition Leader
Next time you need a get away let me know and I can send you to a few lakes with fishing and not a sole on most days

amgvr4

Adventurer
updates

Not a ton new on the truck, but I ended up having to reinforce the tongue on my trailer as it was cracking from the previous owners stupidity. I also picked up a explorer overhead console for my truck so I have outside temp, compass, and a place for my accessory switches. I also finally made it up to a place I have been wanting to go for sometime. Last Saturday I headed down to Surprise Lake and did the 4x4 trail up to the top. The trail was not too long, it took about an hour each way, but it was fun. The middle is really rocky and there are plenty of places to smash your diffs if you are not careful. I ended up with a monumental amount of trail pin stripping and a dent in the rocker part of the bed from a stump. I need rock sliders for sure, though I have managed to avoid any real damage until now. The dent will be really easy to fix as it is only one layer of sheet metal there. I will get some pictures up later, but here is a short video of a couple of obstacles on the trail.

leojr

I lost track of this thread and had to catch up on a few pages…great pics, thanks for sharing so much info and details!!

The rims look to be narrower than the commonly available 9.75"? How low do you air down to and have you had a bead push off?

amgvr4

Adventurer
I lost track of this thread and had to catch up on a few pages…great pics, thanks for sharing so much info and details!!

The rims look to be narrower than the commonly available 9.75"? How low do you air down to and have you had a bead push off?

Thanks for reading, I am glad people are getting something out of it! I cant remember what width they are, but I think they are 9". The lowest I have aired down to is 18 psi rear and 22 psi front. I have not popped a bead yet.

amgvr4

Adventurer
Not a ton new, but I did get an explorer overhead console installed. Everything works except the temp is way off. I think I need to try a different sensor, however it came out of the car that the console came out of so it should read correctly. The mods needed to fit it were not too difficult, just some trimming to the plastic and a hole in the headliner.

The hole in the headliner

I made some brackets out of kydex to mount the console

Mounted up

I am headed up to the mountains this weekend to 4x4 and camp with some friends. After that I plan on doing some general upkeep and maintenance to the old beast to get it ready for a Christmas road trip to Colorado. I will update with some pictures and video after this weekend.

amgvr4

Adventurer
Colorado Springs and my grandparents cabin up near Fairplay. I grew up in the Springs and still have a bunch of family there.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well Mabie I'll see ya I just bought land in fairplay. Hoping to be there mid October.

amgvr4

Adventurer
Surprise lake camping trip

After having read about Surprise lake near MT. Rainier some time ago I have always wanted to go up there and check it out. It wasn't until this July that I made it up there for the first time and it was amazing! Super great camp spot and a fun 4x4 trail up to the lake. This last weekend I headed back up with some buddies for an overnight trip and we had a blast. The trail was a little more challenging since it was a little wet and my tires have worn down a bit more over the summer, but we made it up just fine. My friend drove his 99% stock '07 FJ Cruiser up behind me and we only had to hook up the tow strap for him once, and it was more to save time and his quarter panel than because he couldn't make it up.

Once we got to the top we found the campsite trashed by the last group of drunk ************ bags who used it. One of them was so drunk he lost his brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 Plus. I found it just sitting there in the dirt. We had to fix the fire pit and pick up a large garbage bag worth of beer cans and the like before we could set up camp. Some people don't deserve to have access to the out doors! My only consolation is that I get to chew his *** out when I give him back his phone tomorrow.

There is a super cool old bridge on the way out there that we took a look around on the way to the trail head.

The trucks from the bridge

Setting up camp

All ready after 5 min! My buddy with a ground tent was so jealous!

Camp from the east side of the lake

Overview of the lake

Mt. Rainier

On the way back down

I busted my drivers side back tail light on a tree on the way up. It is the second time I have hit the very back drivers corner of the bed on a tree, but this time the tree won! Also I really need a rear locker, the only place I had a little bit of trouble would have been a cake walk with the rear locked. On our way back through Bonny Lake I could here a hissing that sounded like a cut in the drivers front tire. When we pulled over sure enough there was a pretty bad split on the inside of the tire that was only leaking when the weight of the truck was on it. I have no idea how it could have been caused by anything on the trail, my only thought is that the tire was old and hardened with age. With all the flexing over rocks it must have split at a weak point. These tires were used military take offs after all and who knows what they went trough before I got them. I plan on getting another set of them, but this time I will spend the extra few bucks and get the 100% new take offs as they should last a bit longer. I have a video uploading so when it is ready I will post it.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Nice trip man. I kept hoping to make it there my self but not this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior