Renting and ARB/Engel/Waeco Fridge?

daryn1979

Observer
I'm still in the beginning stages of my expo build, but my gf and I are planning a two-week trip to Yellowstone this July (plans to travel Turkey got cancelled). I've been contemplating buying a fridge/freezer, and this would be an ideal trip to have one along, but right now I'm still researching them and the cost is a bit prohibitive. Does anyone know of a company that rents these fridges out? I've seen one company that claims to, but it's on contingency to buy and the price is higher than other places. Or, is there anyone in the MN/WI/IA/ND/SD area who would be willing to rent theirs out for around $100?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Do you ship? Or would that be too cost prohibitive? I could see doing a 2wk rental if shipping wouldn't be too bad...

We can ship but is surely takes the luster off of the price given the size and weight. Shipping each way to MN would be ~$65 I'm guessing?

JeepinJon

Observer
You may want to check with Off-road Only. They are an Engel dealer in Saint Paul and May have a demo unit you could see or try.

daryn1979

Observer
You may want to check with Off-road Only. They are an Engel dealer in Saint Paul and May have a demo unit you could see or try.

I just sent them an e-mail. Steve's a great guy and he's helped me in the past, so maybe we can work something out! Thanks for the info.

KG6BWS

Explorer
Best solution: buy an ARB 50 - you'll never regret it.

Sent via gigawatt laser...

Id say the same thing about my Engle MT45. Love it. One of the best purchases I ever made.

I have no experience with Waeco but as far as ARB or Engle, IMO, pick the size you want and just buy one. You wont regret it at all.

fireball

Explorer
If you buy an arb 50 and end up reselling it you won't loose much more than a rental fee. I've been watching for a used arb and the prices they command used aren't far off retail.

Jay H

servicedriven.org
Just keep a keen eye out. I got my Waeco on ebay cheap cause it was a made for ford model and DC only. Truck fridge sell a unit with a danfoss compressor that also looks nice. At less than 400 mine has paid for itself quick. Bags of frozen water are rather expensive and it adds up quick. If you will be sleeping next to the unit the Engel is certainly louder than a danfoss compressor. Also Engel has no low voltage cut out. Low voltage disconnect is really important if you like having your engine start... I learned that one the hard way

Ramjet

Explorer
Have to agree with everyone as well. Just buy one. I have an Engel,45 and have never regretted buying it. EVER! I use it every day of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne