ARB Front Bumper for LR4 - Questions

Finlayforprez

Observer
Hello Everyone,

My apologies up front if this was already covered in another thread, but I cannot seem to find it.

I just ordered the ARB front bumper for my 2013 LR4 (along with a WARN winch), but I have a quick question to those of you with an LR4 who have the bumper. I know it accomodates the factory front parking sensors, but was wondering if anyone had a problem with them after the installation? I am asking because I cannot seem to see from the pictures if there are four (4) cut outs for the sensors, I only seem to see two (2). I have the 2 parking sensors in the front (on either side of the license plate) and then one on each side of the fog light.

I know the LR4 that the Expedition Portal folks modified has an ARB front bumper, but if anyone has the North American version of the ARB front bumper for the LR4 I would love to know how it worked with your parking sensors, fog lights, and headlamp washers.

Thanks in advance!!!

-David

Next up will be my rear bumper with dual swing-away carriers (tire and jerry cans).

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Most people who intend to use their rigs off-road disable the front sensors, and simply don't install them when putting on a steel bumper.

Finlayforprez

Observer
Most people who intend to use their rigs off-road disable the front sensors, and simply don't install them when putting on a steel bumper.

That's likely my option, but it appears that looking at photos of the Expedition Portal LR4, they have the cut outs for the parking sensors. If the US version of the bumper has them, then I would rather keep them for now as this is my daily driver as well.

MistralAtom

Hello, my LR4 was ARB's first / USA test vehicle for front bumper etc. All lights, 4 parking sensors etc work. Removing lighting module to replace lamps such as parking lamp does become more of a fiddle with the bumper on.

Finlayforprez

Observer
Hello, my LR4 was ARB's first / USA test vehicle for front bumper etc. All lights, 4 parking sensors etc work. Removing lighting module to replace lamps such as parking lamp does become more of a fiddle with the bumper on.

Thanks for the input. I actually received my winch and bumper today, so hoping to install on Saturday. It does appear that it has all the necessary cut-outs (sensors, headlamp washers, etc.) for the US LR4.

I will post some photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94