Battle Wagen Trailer by Expedition Offroad

Is an off road trailer right for you?

• I already own a trailer and love it.

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • All my gear fits in my rig. No trailer needed.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I need a trailer. Saving for a top of the line trailer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I need a trailer. Looking for a budget option

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

expdtnoffroad

Supporting Sponsor
Battle Wagen 7.jpg

We are excited to announce the release of our new Battle Wagon trailer here on Expedition Portal. This little trailer is the ultimate mobile toy box for the weekend warrior. While there are a number of very nice off-road trailers in the market there has been a need for a simplistic, modular trailer that can readily adapted to the end users application. The Battle Wagen fills this void.

Battle Wagen 6.jpg

The Battle Wagen is a rugged and light weight off-road utility trailer designed with swiss army knife like functionality. The trailer is built off a fully welded boxed .120" wall tube frame.

The 78" by 50" trailer box will accommodate everything from Action Packers, camping gear, and coolers to a pair of dirt bikes. You could even stack a load of 4' by 8' sheet rock or lumber for a weekend home project. While the Battle Wagen is designed for off road use the trailer is also versatile enough to handle other tasks as well. This is a very handy feature Jeep and SUV owners that do not have the luxury of a pickup bed.

Trailer Specs-

Hitch to tailgate 140". 128" Length available.

76" track width.

Trailer box 78" x 50"

Empty Weight 450 lbs

2000 lb Easy Lube Torsion Axle

19-3/4" of clearance under the axle

23-1/4" of ground clearance under the frame rails

Multiple hitch options available (ie 2" ball, pintle, etc.)

Will accommodate up to a 35" (options available for larger tire sizes)

Fully powder coated finish

9" tall side rails

E-track enclosure

Available Lug options 5 on 4.5, 5 on 5.5, 6 on 5.5, and 8 on 6.5. Wheel adapter available for metric Rover and Land Cruiser wheel patterns.

Base trailer price without wheel and tire package $2295

You can order your Battle Wagen Here http://expeditionoffroad.com/Trailer-Cargo/Trailers/Battle-Wagen-Trailer

Last edited:

expdtnoffroad

Supporting Sponsor
We are currently in the process of designing a number of modular accessories for the Battle Wagen. We are working on a drop in M416 style box along with the lid for dust and weather proof gear storage. We also have in the works a tongue box, mounts for Jerry cans, propane cylinders, hi-lift jacks, and shovels. We would like to get feedback from the ExPo community to see if you like the trailer and what accessories you would like to see available?

We will be building mounts for a roof top tent. We are also looking at putting an L-track system into the trailer to add more mounting and tie down locations.
We also have a wide variety of wheel and tire options to match your vehicle.

Please give us your feedback! :safari-rig: :safari-rig:

TiFJ

Observer
I think once you have a M416 style box with lid and the RTT mount you will start to see a lot of interest, especially if the price remains reasonable. I am on the search for a reasonably priced expedition style trailer and will keep my eyes on this space. Please update the thread as you develop the trailer further.

mbuckner

Adventurer
I am looking for a trailer that is the same or less track width of a 2001 Jeep Wrangler.

Nice looking trailer ....

Best regards,

Mike

hobbs

I'm really liking the drop-in box idea. I'll certainly be looking at this product as it develops.

FredB

Observer
I like it. I don't understand the reasoning behind the slotted walls. Some of us haul rock and stuff for the yard, which the slotted sides wouldn't be good for. A drop in pop-up tent thing would be cool.

spikemd

Explorer
Nice base open trailer. A 1/4 ton box would be a nice option. For the southwest, everything gets covered in dust on the trail, even more so behind a vehicle. Solid walls may be more beneficial but I like the idea of making it modular. Everyone wants a robust platform for cheap but when you start adding options the price ticks up. Great looking trailer to start with. I may be interested soon.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

expdtnoffroad

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks to everyone for the comments thus far. The feedback is greatly appreciated. The Battle Wagen is designed to be a solid utility trailer that performs for off road duties as well. We wanted to bring a trailer to the market that was reasonably priced and could be used as a great platform for a variety of duties. If you don't have a truck you know the pains of being limited on cargo space.

We are working on an M416 style box with a dust proof lid option that you can drop into the trailer. This is the reason for the low side walls on the trailer. Everything on the Battle Wagen is being made right here in the USA. We are working on keeping everything that we make priced as reasonable as possible. We will continue to update this thread as we make progress on the

The slotted wall on the side of the trailer is made from formed E-track. This makes for very adjustable tie down point system along the side walls of the trailer. We are also looking at integrating an additional billet L-track system on the trailer.

If you need to use the trailer for landscaping duties we have found that throwing a tarp down in the trailer between the sidewalls that loose dirt and rock stay just fine. You always want to cover any load like that as well to keep the man off your back :)

Attached is a video that we shot of the trailer for our first trail test. It's not a fancy piece of production but it does give you an idea of how the trailer articulates with a 2" ball and how it works in the rocks.

The 2" ball is the standard option but we can set the trailer up for multiple hitch options.

Please keep the questions and feedback coming!! :safari-rig: :safari-rig: :safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94