Boeing Phantom Badger...Coming to a showroom near you????

Scott Brady

Founder
I wonder how the military will justify this as an alternative to NTVs. There are really good NTVs available here (and through local sourcing). The battlefield has pretty much become armored or NTVs like HiLux, etc. This looks like an expensive option that does not solve either criteria.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I wonder how the military will justify this as an alternative to NTVs. There are really good NTVs available here (and through local sourcing). The battlefield has pretty much become armored or NTVs like HiLux, etc. This looks like an expensive option that does not solve either criteria.

Assuming the intended use is an air-transportable, rapid deployment, special-operations vehicle, what non-tactical vehicle would you start with?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy

It's a very tough design envelope. There is not a single NTV that meets the V-22 internally transportable requirements.

The Hilux is great (and not V-22 spec), but not exactly local. You have to source Gulf-Spec vehicles, temporarily import them, put on the required doo-dads, and then the government takes possession and exports them again.

SRN

Adventurer
That thing is awesome! I have a feeling that the price point will be a bit prohibitive. But this is ExPo, land of $400 hiking boots and $800 mahogany campaign chairs. I'm sure someone will be doing a build on one shortly... ;)

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Well, at least it meets the all-important #1 military design criterion...

Butt Fugly.

red EOD veteran

Adventurer
Towards the bottom of the link it says they will be available to the public.

I'm wondering how they got the GVW to 7850 pounds, make it out of lead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior