M2017_2.jpgM2017_3.jpgM2017_1.jpg

6.2 diesel
dana 60 front
GM 14 bolt rear w/locker
humvee wheels
37s
spin on fuel filter mod
glowplug relay bypass mod

Run nice, rides nice...paid for. I like it.

olly hondro

mad scientist
I worked a trade = no cash out. Truth is, I couldn't run with the Big Dogs, so I got off the porch. The deuce was just the wrong size, for me. I needed to either go bigger (5 ton) or go smaller.

zelatore

Explorer
ah-ha...I looked at that and though 'heck, it's pretty big - what was he running before, a Mog?'. Then I see the comment about the Deuce.

(guess I should have looked at the avatar as well)

Truck looks very clean.

clandr1

Adventurer
I have to mention this: it is funny when "Blazer" and "downsizing" are mentioned in the same breath :costumed-smiley-007

1meanz

Mullet Club Chairman
that thing is awesome, I'm jealous. If I didnt need the extra space of a Tahoe, I'd have sold it and stared with something like that. Nice find man. It's also got all the ideal upgrades too.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great setup and should return some good fuel mpg....
Looks like I need to get my old Burb down to Tucson or over to New Mex to do some runs with ya...

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Olly,

Sorry to hear about the deuce. I was just thinking about it. Did you trade the movable camper top with it. I'm still thinking that is a great idea and would like to do it to mine. Good luck with the Blazer. I owned a '75 back in the seventies, but it wasn't the Military version.

olly hondro

mad scientist
I have not retained any residual M35A3 parts; it all went as a package.

My intention is to keep the "clean" look : monochromatic + nothing on the roof + no fuel cans, tires, jacks, hanging off the ends. I like the philosophy stated somewhere here on this site that if it doesn't fit inside then one needs a bigger truck. We'll see :)

Last edited:

Idaho_Dan

That's a super nice rig! Looks like you got the good end of somebody's project after they got it from gov liquidations! Many nice cucv trucks to be had!

olly hondro

mad scientist
I'm finding that the 4.56 gears are pretty steep, maybe 3.73s are in its future. I'll keep driving it as is for awhile : maybe I will get used to it. At least its an easily solved problem. The tires chirping as I round a tight corner is amusing to me :)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Olly did you trade your Duece for this new rig? Congrats on your new ride. Did it come stock with that dana 60 or did the previous owner put it in? Post more pics I love your new ride and want to see more...:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior