Dual Battery Group Buy - Intervolt EBI PRO

Explorer
index.jpg

images.jpg

I am going to purchase the Intervolt EBI PRO which is an adjustable MOSFET Isolator from Australia. Solid State 100amp, W/500amp peak rating. It is going to cost about $240.00 with shipping (Less with group buy).

The unique aspect of the EBI PRO is that you can program the voltages for when you want the batteries to combine, and when you want them to Isolate. Typical Isolators separate the battery at 12.7 Volts and combine when they sense a charge, this one allows you to program those voltages, and times. In my case, I want to use some of the capacity of my group 31 starting battery for house needs, but still isolate it from draining too much. I also want to program the combine setting for charging from solar or shore power. There is also an in dash switch for manually combining the batteries for jump starting etc.

The advantage of an adjustable Isolator is that you can tap into your starter battery and reduce the discharge rate of your house battery. This will allow a faster recharge rate, and should extend the life of your battery set. If you buy and replace batteries in sets, the set should in theory last longer if the batteries spend most of their life combined, and you minimize deep discharges.

The ability to set your Isolate voltage to say 12.1 (50% discharge) on your starter battery, will still allow you plenty of capacity to start a gas engine. If you have a diesel, you could bump that voltage up. You could also adjust Voltage settings based on your trip, Extended stay in very remote location - set it to 12.8, Traveling with a group, set it to 12.0 volts and crank the Air conditioner in the camper and get full use of your batteries etc...

http://www.intervolt.com/products/electronic-battery-isolator/ebi-series.aspx

I am going to place my order May 5th, If anyone is interested in this device, please let me know so that we can share in the shipping costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz