Anyone ride a Minnesota 2.0 Fat Tire bike? Thoughts?

mph

Expedition Leader
Saw a great deal on a Minnesota 2.0 fat tire bike...Well, money wise...However, maybe the thing is a POS. Any feedback? Experience?

p nut

butter
Never ridden one, but it seems like it's an "OK" bike. Aluminum frame, mid-bottom-level components, typical geometry. I wouldn't get it for Arrowhead or something like that, but just messing around, it wouldn't be bad. Now, would I pay $900 for it? Probably not. Never heard of this company, have no idea if the frame is a typical bikesdirect-type garbage frame, no idea about customer service or warranty, etc. If I were getting a fatbike today, I would probably deal with a local shop and get a Surly or Salsa. You could probably pick one up for fairly cheap on the local classifieds. I've seen Pugs and Mukluks go through at $700-900 range.

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
I have seen them at all four of the fat bike races I worked as a course medic, this winter. And there was also at least one on the Arrowhead 135. Wasn't there but I saw pictures. Framed is the in-house brand of The House Outdoor Gear in St. Paul, MN, and they have a good reputation for standing behind their products. Find them at http://www.framedbikes.com/v2/bikes.html#fat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior