Roam About with "Big Hank"

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Update to blog: http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2015/07/hike-up-mount-ellinor.html

Olympics-4-XL.jpg

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Update to blog: http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/

Backpacking the Olympics.

London, my stepson, is heading back off to college in a couple of weeks and I'm getting back on the road with the camper headed to Alaska. Wanted to go out for a quick overniter prior to our departures. Can't wait to get back up to Alaska and the Yukon area to explore some areas I didn't get to see on the bike last summer. Will be taking the camper so that Petey can go along this time. Have been making some modifications to the FWC and will be pulling a little trailer this time. Will post up some pics of the mods and trailer soon.

LenaLakeBackpack-14-XL.jpg

FIELDZY

Hi there! Adam from Australia here. I discovered your trip report on expedition portal yesterday and have just caught myself up to date on both the site and your blog. Just wanted to say thank you very much for taking the time to post the updates, write ups and amazing photography, Have definately learnt plenty of interesting information and facts from it and I thoroughly enjoy it and am in awe of the beautiful landscapes and locations you have been and are travelling to. I hope one day to overland travel around your amazing country. Am subscribed and waiting with baited breathe for updates about your upcoming Alaska trip, safe travels to you and Petey, am living vicariously through you from the other side of the world! All the best. Cheers

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Adam.....glad you're following along and thanks for the compliment on the photos. Really helps when people post comments on the blog and here as you know people are reading and you aren't wasting your time. I know I certainly learn a lot from reading about others travels and blogs. I love reading about travels in your country as well. I've met a few Ozzie's out on the road and love hearing about your country. Appears you have some amazing scenery over there. One day, I hope to do some over landing out that way. I'll try and post up quite a bit while up in Alaska.

hansrober

Adventurer
Park, You're certainly not wasting your time! I day dream about your adventures all the time. My buddy Joel and I talk about where your at now and how cool it was to camp and drink a few cold ones with such a real guy. I did not make it out West this year but your stories keep it fresh on my mind until I can return.
Thanks, Dave

Hey Park.....I just arrived in Fairbanks this afternoon. I'll be headed up to Deadhorse / Prudhoe Bay in a few days. It'll be interesting if we cross paths.....safe travels.....

Jerry

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Favorite report/ write up I've come across. Thanks for taking the time to keep it going.
No problem, gives me something to do! Glad you're following along.

Park, You're certainly not wasting your time! I day dream about your adventures all the time. My buddy Joel and I talk about where your at now and how cool it was to camp and drink a few cold ones with such a real guy. I did not make it out West this year but your stories keep it fresh on my mind until I can return.

Dave.... you guys should go up to the Overland Expo in Asheville with that tricked out rig of yours. Hopefully we'll run across each other again and share a few more cold ones. I think meeting people like you on the road is as much fun as seeing our beautiful country. It was a pleasure sharing a cold one with you. I'll certainly recognize that rig of yours if I ever come across it again. Until then....be safe out there.

Hey Park.....I just arrived in Fairbanks this afternoon. I'll be headed up to Deadhorse / Prudhoe Bay in a few days. It'll be interesting if we cross paths.....safe travels.....

Jerry

Jerry....would love to met up if our travels cross. I'll try and stay in touch as I'm following your report as well. I'm headed north this Thursday but don't have any set schedule. Just taking it day by day. Wrapping up a few modifications to the rig before leaving and awaiting some camera crap from Amazon.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, where were these photos taken?

NewMexico-2.jpg

FossilNatPark-2.jpg

Don't mind at all. The first one is Shiprock Peak in the northwest corner of New Mexico. Pretty sure where I was at was on the Navajo Reservation but it's pretty remote so I wasn't too worried about doing some stealth camping. I approached it on a dirt road from the south where the fins are located in the picture. Basically just pulled off the road and start driving down a dirt road. Was an unlocked gate so I just kept going. Not really sure what is at Shiprock as I drove in about 10 miles or so and camped for the night. May be some kind of tourist thing at the actual peak but I'm not sure. Was a beautiful spot where I was for the night and thought the pictures worked better in black/white. One of my favorite shots with the truck/camper in it.

Second one was taked just outside of the Petrified Forest National Park. The park is located in northeastern Arizona, about 50 miles from the New Mexico border on Interstate 40. Small park which one can easily see in a day but is worth the stop. As I was exiting the park I looked over and the clouds were rolling in. Pulled over and gave it about 20 minutes and got this. Shot was taken mid-day so the light wasn't all that great but with the clouds and color of the terrian it worked.

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Loaded up, leaving this morning and headed north to Alaska and the Yukon Territory for a little roam about. No set destination, just going north for now. Not riding the bike up this time but taking the camper and a new to me trailer set up. Petey is on this roam about as well. Let the explorations begin. Will be updating the blog: www.nowheretobetour.blogspot.com when the "world wide web" is located. Adios!

Petey-20-XL.jpg

KLRTim

Observer
Following Such a Remarkable Journey with Truly Inspirational Vibe and Passion

Wow have just spent the last 6 Hours with a Cuppa Coffee and some home made Cake. :bike_rider: Feel like we are there riding behind you. Thank you for sharing such an inspirational Journey with us.
Words cannot describe how much I and my Fiancee have just enjoyed this Novel. The Picturesque Places and Remarkable People and Wild Life, that you have come across has kept us ready one post after the other.
Truly Inspiring Photo`s and Commentary, thank you So So Much for sharing.:ylsmoke: Yep had to have one or too Smoko`s whilst enjoying this Journy:ylsmoke:

PS We both shed a tear for Hank RIP and Our Hearts Both went out too you :)

Down Under Down Under Here where I Journey Our Beautiful Island is Such a World Away from anything like the Grand Canyon, thank you for sharing your Beautiful Country.

Hobart Tasmania.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior