Roam About with "Big Hank"

arpisme

parkkitchings said:
I've been idle for awhile with the roaming about but Friday night we decided to load up the Chinook and leave within the hour...

Just wondering if you sold your truck/camper or just added the Chinook to the fleet?
Were you after more space?
Love the writeups and pics!
cheers,
alex

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Just wondering if you sold your truck/camper or just added the Chinook to the fleet?
Were you after more space?
Love the writeups and pics!
cheers,
alex

No, kept the Toyota and FWC. Chinook was kind of an impulse buy since it was a good deal and in perfect shape. It's got it's place but also has its limitations. It's really well built and comfortable if you don't need to take it too far off road. Gravel forest service roads are fine but anything above that and you'll trash it. Thanks for the compliments on the write up and pics on the blog. Glad to know someone is looking at it.

Cent

Observer
OK, wow!
I just happened to stumble over this thread a few days ago and finally finished it. Thanks for the amazing insights you provide us with! Really like your style of writing and your photography skills are impressive! Looking forward to following you along.

parkkitchings

Adventurer
OK, wow!
I just happened to stumble over this thread a few days ago and finally finished it. Thanks for the amazing insights you provide us with! Really like your style of writing and your photography skills are impressive! Looking forward to following you along.

Thanks, appreciate the compliment.

Texas Aggie

Observer
As always great pics and write up. I loved Hans' sign: "If a man says he will fix something, he will. No need to remind him every 6 months." :)

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Update to the blogsite

Three weeks ago I was in the lush rainforest along the coast of British Colombia looking for grizzlies. This past week a friend of mine, Kurt, along with our faithful companions, Bo and Petey, were out exploring the high desert basin and Steen Mountain in eastern Oregon. Two vastly different areas but each with their own merits. To read more click on the link......

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2016/10/eastern-oregon.html

DJI_0025-XL.jpg

Gravel Slinger

Observer
Still enjoying reading about your adventures ... I've heard of several good areas in Oregon lately, a place I've never really thought about going, but seriously considering now!

parkkitchings

Adventurer
One last opportunity to take off for a week or so before heading east in late February. More on this trip later but it will consist of being on the road for about four months. Tiffany had a business trip down to Arizona last week so Petey and I decided to head down to the Lost Coast in Northern California for some roaming about time. Having been several times it is the highlight of the west coast area. Always a gamble to go this time of the year due to the weather but we figured what the hell, how bad can it be. As it turned out, pretty bad...

Update to the blogsite: http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2017/01/lost-coastalmost.html

Lost%20Coast%20Blk%20White%20%281%20of%203%29-XL.jpg

Texas Aggie

Observer
Great photographs as always. The video you linked to is also pretty spectacular. Not sure I'd want to be as close as that photographer though.

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Great photographs as always. The video you linked to is also pretty spectacular. Not sure I'd want to be as close as that photographer though.

Yea, that video is worth a watch. I debated hanging around for a couple more days with the storm approaching to see if I could catch some of the same but opted out. I talked with a lady who works in the park and she told me that a storm with rain and wind didn't necessarily equate to big surf. It's when the swell coming ashore is just right that you get that kind of surf. I'd love to catch it in those conditions. Thanks for the compliment on the photos. It's tough not to get decent photos with subject matter like you found along the coast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles