Roam About with "Big Hank"

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Whew! Finally rolled back into Washington State after a little over 5 months on the road. By my count I hit 29 states and travelled over 20,000 miles. Lots of photos, memories and stories in the old travel vault on this one. Going to get around to update the travel blog www.nowheretobetour.blogspot.com but thought I'd throw up a few pictures while on here. I took way too many pictures and now it's sort time. I may be in the grave before I get to them all.

TotTiff%20Yellowstone%20%2833%20of%205%29-XL.jpg

TotTiff%20CottonwoodCamp2%20%284%20of%204%29-XL.jpg

TotTiff%20Maine%20%287%20of%208%29-XL.jpg

Texas Aggie

Observer
Thanks for the update and great photos as always. I'll be sure to keep an extra $20 in my wallet just in case I come across any landscaping nuns.

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Thanks for the update and great photos as always. I'll be sure to keep an extra $20 in my wallet just in case I come across any landscaping nuns.

Thanks. Another update coming soon. Trying to catch up. I've only seen one landscaping nun in all my travels so you're probably safe.

Texas Aggie

Observer
Great photos as always. The lighting on the water beaver photo is really impressive - must've been a very calm morning as you said.

Gravel Slinger

Observer
Thanks so much for sharing ... I know it takes time to sit down & write this blog. Enjoy it so much, and great ideas for places I would love to explore one day too!

unkamonkey

Explorer
Nice right up. I had to wait to see your hound. We did the same bit with a Dachshund and a fresh pile of cow poop. Both ways from the pond. Doggy perfume as my brother puts it.

Sam Trimble

I was happy to find your posts this morning. Your doing alright. I have a pick up and a travel trailer and will be going to Ajo, AZ to camp Thanks, Sam

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Well said.
Thank you for taking the time to share with us.
Bill

No problem guys. I really like keeping this blog as it's basically a personal journal for me. When I'm an old decrepit drooling fool one day I can sit around in my underwear and relive my travels! With that said.......here's part 2 of 2 of the recent update. Click here if you're still interested: http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2017/10/bella-coolaagain-part-2-of-2.html

Most favorite shot of the trip. I'd had a flat the night before at this spot near Chilko Lake and rather than repair in the rain, I just threw a jack underneath the rear axle, and crawled in for the night. Following morning I was plugging the flat, still in the rain, when I looked up and this guy was watching me. Was able to get off a couple of shots before he slipped under the fence line and disappeared.

Bella%20Coola%20Five%20%2812%29-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Texas Aggie

Observer
Thanks for the update. Great shots of the bear, and the moose hanging out with cows is something you don't see everyday. The fox photo is also great. They're not as shy as I once thought (at least the gray foxes around my area). Came across one before dawn while walking my 65 pound mutt and it stood in the middle of the street barking at us. I thought it might've been rabid until I saw its pups running away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles