Roam About with "Big Hank"

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Couple of black and whites from the past week. Will update blogsite soon.

MoabKiva2-5-XL.jpg

NewMexico-2-XL.jpg

SawDustJack

Sarah Outen Update...

So I spent some time this weekend reading your thread here Park, pictures are amazing and I very much enjoyed your write up!! I was on my way to work this morning listening to a local radio station here on Cape Cod and Sarah Outen from your post #125 was on the news. She is leaving Chatham Harbor tomorrow morning on her solo attempt at rowing the Atlantic! They reported that she thought it will take about 4 months to accomplish! They talked all about her journey so far. I was pretty amazed that I read about her this weekend in your posts! Thought you might enjoy a little update from the East Coast on her! Thanks again Park!

Link to the Cape Cod Times:

http://www.capecodtimes.com/article/20150514/NEWS11/150519642

Last edited:

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Oops, messed up the blogsite link update in my previous post. Correction made: www.nowheretobetour.blogspot.com

Side story relating to this picture. Was dry camped outside of Bluff near the Comb Ridge and during an evening hike up a wash came upon this young lady. She was camped back up the wash by herself and had been broke down for the past two days as her rig would not start. She was planning on hiking out the following morning to get some help when I came along. I took a look and couldn't get it to do anything. Seeing as I was camped about 2 miles from where she was and dark was fast approaching I told her I'd back with my truck and tools in the morning. Get there the following morning and start checking everything I can think of and still.....nothing. Connections cleaned, fuses checked, starter grounded, etc., etc., etc. Battery is good as I had a voltmeter. What the hell is wrong with this thing? After a couple of hours of going over everything she comes around the front and states, "I just remembered I think the passenger seat has to be in the forward position on these vans before it will start". I rotate the seat to the forward position and bingo......she fires right up. We both got a good laugh out of it but she was terribly embarassed that she'd stranded herself because of her "dumb blond" move. Her words, not mine.

GrandGulch-4-XL.jpg

chet6.7

Explorer
Nice to see an update,I wondered if you were still on the road.
She is lucky you happened to be in the area.
If I owned a vehicle that had to have the seat in a certain position I would try to disable that feature, if possible.These newer vehicles are getting too complicated for my tastes.

Texas Aggie

Observer
Thanks for the update and great photos. I agree with the previous comment about unnecessary complexity in some vehicles. A bit ironic that a "safety" feature left her stranded in the desert for two days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online