2005 Honda Crv ex 5 speed build SLOW build

machine1

Explorer
Without the wheel sitting on a hub it will always wobble. The lugnuts alone can't do the job of centering the wheels on the hub.

Great looking project.

This one caught my eye a couple of weeks ago:

10363336_815160281835063_5280254636436952275_n.jpg

If I had a CRV that's what it would look like.

Civiceg94

Observer
Will try to post up a picture of my trip wharton forest in new jersey. Of me going into a mud /sand i think and water lol

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
Just keep in mind that this is not a true 4WD and can overheat if you push the AWD system too far. I used to own one and while it worked awesome on most fire road graded type trails, you have to be careful. I once was on a fire road coming down a steep grade and a bunch of Jeeps were coming up. I had to back up the grade to get to a pull out. Unfortunately the gearing limitations kept the CRV from being able to reverse up the incline. It was a bad situation but the Jeeps managed to skirt by hanging tires off the shelf road. This vehicle is great but it is still a soft roader with no low gearing.

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
You should switch if you have the means and want a more capable vehicle. I traded mine in on an FJ and got a really good trade in value. Of course I negotiated for almost 3 hours.

Civiceg94

Observer
Maybe in the near future lets see what it brings. When i bought my crv in sept 13 was before i got promoted. Then i got promoted on april 14. I needed something good on gas before getting moved up sucks but o well lol. Their prices are kinda high right now for me

Apdl

Observer
I don't understand this I need good gas mileage to afford the fillups, then spending hundreds if not thousands on upgrades when you likely could have bought a more capable rig for the same price and used the money spend on upgrades to subsidize the fuel.
Don't get my wrong I love the 2nd gen CR-V
My CR-V will remain stock

Civiceg94

Observer
I dont think itll still come out cheaper. When a jeep is fitted nicely it gives 13 mpg on highway when loaded maybe 10 or 9 mpg. When a crv gives maybe 25 stock and mine gave me 20 with equipment and dirt bike hanging in the rear. To each their own i wasnt earning enough. Dont know about your state. But nyc is not cheap to live. I never spent thousands. To have the jeep a little more capable then what it was before. The crv needed shocks. So i bought them. I wanted nice wheels and better tires so i bought them. And thats all.

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
Funny you bring that up. I'm only spending about $1000 more a year in gas. The crv was not that good loaded down. Averaged 18 with crv and load. Could do as much as 23 on the highway without being loaded down. My FJ averages 15 mpg and on long trips can top out between 18-20 with all my gear and mods. Having extra HP really makes a difference with weight and mpg.

Civiceg94

Observer
Of course extra hp makes a difference in mpg. Its something i wish i had. Lol. What moves my jeep alright is the 5 speed manual. When am driving 60 am around 2800 rpm. I want to see how capable this crv is. But dont have anyone that has jeeps to pull me out so i play it safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles