Truckfridge E1 error code question

expeditionxj

Observer
I have a truckfridge tf51 model fridge in the back of the Jeep WK. I have it wired straight to the battery with about 10 feet of 8 gauge wire so I dont think voltage drop is an issue but if the fridge compressor is running and I start the vehicle it will always give and E1 error code which is for low voltage and then shut off for about 30 sec. before it starts again.

Considering the draw from the starter when starting and only a single battery would this be considered completely normal? Auto shut off on fridge in set to the lowest setting as well.

Thank you,
Dan

4x4junkie

Explorer
Normal (starting the engine pulls most any healthy battery below 10.5 volts for a very short moment).

My Edgestar also does the same thing (shuts off for a bit if it was running and blinks the Low Volt light when I start the engine). I don't think you have to worry about your food spoiling in 30 seconds though. ;) (my Edgestar takes like 2 minutes to restart)

expeditionxj

Observer
Thanks. I know the foods fine :) Was just wondering if it was normal, I figured it was considering the voltage drop from the starter turning.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior