2nd gen full size dodge brush guard help

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Hi all I got a new brush guard off craigslist today I and need to fab up some new mounting brackets. Could someone please post a picture on here of how they look for a reference. Thanks!

colodak

Adventurer
what brand of push bar? You could try and contact the manufacturer, they might have them still available for cheap

Luckychase5

Adventurer
I'll look into it. Pretty sure it's a Westin. Found there directions for instillation and they look to be the same

Luckychase5

Adventurer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398577897.625630.jpg
Here is a picture if the front, I'm still quite sure it is a westin. If not I will just fab some up. I have quite a bit if steel laying around. I just already have two project as well as work in the mix, so if I can buy some bolt on brackets that might be easy and nice

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
First choice would be the factory Westin brackets. They do have some engineering to them, not just a couple 1/4" plates. Mine is a Warn carrier and brackets for the 15K winch, which looks sturdy enough, especially with more tubing welded on and the radiator saver extension tube and plates. Note the lower plates curving around the bottom. They are a very zeroed in size and shape:

It looks flimsy, but with 4330, thick wall tubing added it stood up to a nighttime encounter with a very large elk on Hwy 50 across Nevada. That meets my expectations without the weight of a RanchHand or similar winch bumper.
jefe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior