Ford E450 4x4 build revival

xracer144

Adventurer
just shy of 3000 with the insulation and interior lining according to the builder. They base their weight estimate on the number of panels needed to snap everything together. The final result could be a little higher or lower. The chassis alone scaled at 6500.

xracer144

Adventurer
It looks like they will be attaching the camper body to the chassis this week. I'm pretty excited about that! After that comes 2 inches 2lb closed cell foam on the walls, ceiling and floor.

java

Expedition Leader
Sweet! I really cant wait to see this one done. Are you willing to share the costs? Id be tempted to do something similar once my RV box shakes itself to death. My chassis has really low milage and 4x4.

PoloTurbo

Observer
Very nice. Subcribed. :)

Just Went from a 2wd sportsmobile to an old C Class pickup 4x4 with passtrough and love the space and traction.

xracer144

Adventurer
Our last few fibreglass body motorhomes had the majority of the interior components and cabinets constructed with 1x2's stapled together and a thin skin of panelling. This combined with a cheap exterior framework led to lots of stuff that rattled and fell apart. My original idea was to have all the cabinets constructed from aluminum to combat the shake, rattle and break problem. Now that I see how stout the aluminum body is going to be I may rethink my interior construction method. I'm not sure the aluminum interior framing is necessary. Any opinions?

xracer144

Adventurer
Due to our ever evolving floor plan, we decided to leave the windows to last. We will be going with dual pane sliders from Storm Tite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles