Gitout.com - Ultimate Expedition Build - 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

montypower

Adventure Time!
For those of you who haven't seen the factory traction control and near perfect balance in action... Check it out:

Extremely surprising how capable this truck is. Especially with the near flat underside with IFS/IRS there is so much clearance.

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Hey MontyPower, I'll come wrench with you on Saturday after lunch time. Is that good with you?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Montypower, can you post a list of all your parts and where you got them. I have a Montero in Haiti, and it needs more off road ability and armor. Thanks

Jay Ayala

Explorer
I'm working for the next two weekends... Will work on it after that (still waiting on parts too). Would love to have a hand if you are free later in the month. :)

Yeah sounds great, just let me know, I'll bring my Raider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montypower

Adventure Time!
I'm moving into the new house on Friday. Planning to help a buddy on his deck Saturday am. We can meet up after lunch. Give me a shout around noon. :)

montypower

Adventure Time!
Got any updates?

Lots of updates! The portal doesn't allow photos to be uploaded so I haven't bothered with updating this thread.

This has all the current build information: http://gitout.com/showthread.php?15...edition-Build-2003-Mitsubishi-Montero-Limited

ARB Bumper, Zeon 10s, Lovells Springs, OME Sport Shocks, Rock Sliders, Bushskinz Full skids, DieHard Plat 31m, ARB Compressor, Sleeping platform & ARB Fridge Installed. Plus about $3k worth of motor / truck maintenance (all oem parts): Headlights, Brakes/Rotors F/R, Heads Rebuilt, Tbelt, Water Pump, All Pulleys, All hoses, Belt, Injector Rebuild, starter, plugs, wires, crank/cam sensor and a long long list more.. Basically the motor was stripped to the block. Every part was hand cleaned and anything replaceable was replaced with factory parts. It runs like new!

I have 4.90 Gears and ARB Lockers ready to install. I'll be replacing the CV boots and all bushings when those get installed (new bearings for the diffs too). Then LRA 15 or 20 Gallon Fuel tank and custom rear bumper. Working on design for full roof rack for awnings, maxtrax, camp lighting and kayak hauling.

Just got back from a 2,300 mile expedition trip through Montana and Wyoming. Some incredible trails and beautiful sites. Heading to Mt Rainier area next month.

mapper

Explorer
cool to see what you've got going on. You can definitely upload photos though, I do it all the time using the "insert image" button at the top of the post editor window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles