I need some suggestions.

Bhodgin

Sept 1st of this year, my lady and I will be leaving on a 3 week trip. We will be leaving from Fort Collins, CO and making our way to Banff for a few days of scrambling and hiking.

Along the way, we will be making pitstops (a few days in each) in Yellowstone, Teton, and Glacier National Parks. So the questions I have are really directed towards Tetons and Glacier.

What are the coolest scenic day trips, hiking or climbing that we could nab while we are out there? I would also be interested in any cool places along the way as well.

Thanks for any input. I could google things until I'm blue in the face, but I'd never learn as much as asking for the wisdom of those who have been there before.

A phenomenal hike in the Canadian portion of glacier is Hole In The Wall. All I can say is WOW! Take the ferry to Goat Haunt and backpack up to a valley that sheared off with 32 little waterfalls surrounding the walls and con joining in the middle only to disappear fifty feet from the cliff face and then come out 100 feet down on the face of the cliff and drops maybe 500 feet! Lots of mountain goats Hoary marmots pikas eagles . I could go on and on. It's on my bucket list to do again. Amazing views up to the area too.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hol..._IsATL0YGQCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

It's more of a hike in and camp then hike out, unless of course you're one of those iron man marathon runners. Otherwise check out Bowman and Kintla lakes just above Polebridge on the western side of Glacier. You have to stop in the Mercantile Bakery and get some cookies and bearclaws if you don't I will never forgive you, they are the best. Mmmmm bearclaws!

Here's an aerial view

Everywhere in glacier that they have outhouses in campsites, except in Hole in the Wall where they just installed a pit toilet without walls, so you can sit and spin while you poo, it's literally the best view in North America while making poo!:wings:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier