Front Runner Full Roof Rack Installed on 5th gen 4runner

Riddle

Can we see some up close shots of the track and how it's attached in the front?

Ditto - I just got my 2200mm tracks from Front Runner and am debating between installing a rivnut and running full length or trimming to the appropriate length and just using the factory mounts. Sharing your experience would be mighty helpful :lurk:

H

High Country Nomads

That rack looks great. I called Front Runner about a month ago and the fella there said he didn't have a full length rack as they hadn't been tested yet on 4Runners yet. He suggested that maybe I drive to California and they could try to find a way to fit the full rack. I ended up going w/ an Eezi Awn from Equipt and so far it's great.

IMG_3086.jpg

p_j_o

Oleg how has the front mounts been holding up? Any chance you have a closer picture of those fabricated front mounts?
Even though Gormo has a very good build page over at T4R, I am looking into the same sort of setup as yourself - not really a big fan of the idea of drilling into my 2104...

pjo

raycie

Yep.. I too would rather have the resting monuts rather than drilling into a brand new '16. Wonder if that company has the templates..

Oleg

Sorry for delayed reply. Haven't visited this thread in a while. The mounts are holding up amazing. Same as the day I got it installed. Checked to see if there was any rubbing going on, and not even a scratch on the paint from the front brackets.

Although, I am thinking of going to some local Bay area fabrication shop and recreate the brackets with a laser cutter, and maybe from aluminum (they are currently from steel). If you want to check it out how it is not, it is usually parked daily outside the PayPal office in San Jose on 1st St.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000