2005 F150 FX4 build advice

kodiak-black

Observer
I second AS 2.5 set up. It's all you really need IMHO as money can be better spent elsewhere. I have 2.5 AS and an extra 1 inch or so in the rear. I need to carry weight so totally level does not work for me.

20130412_182055_zpsd9ce7055.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

kodiak-black

Observer
I think the Rancho ready lift is the best bang for your buck. Come as a complete unit shock and coil so you don't have to take it to a shop to install. I don't recommend spacer lifts they are known to destroy shocks. for 300-350.00 you can't go wrong with them. I have had a set for over a year now and rides great. If you have the cash camburg or icon.

For the rear I just ordered new lift shackles but you can do add a leaf or even blocks. A few options there depending on your needs.

For tires I plan on getting goodyear duratracs when ready. 295x65x18 is a true 33". IMO, 20s are too big, 18s have limited sizes but can be found. if I didn't already have the 18 I would go with a 17 maybe even 16 if the caliper would clear, not sure on that.

lockers arb is available front and back...of course if you have the cash. I have the factory rear locker and honestly I think it works great, first truck with a locker so I don't have much to compare but def better then not having one at all.

3.73 are a good paring for 33s can probably get away with it you go bigger 35..a tune would help with power

I also have an 05 f150 and have not found a hidden winch design but would choose that over a heavy bumper. They do make front hitches and could get a hitch mounted winch but I don't like how low the front hitch sits

I would love a rear bumper with a tire carrier but haven't found one. Could then use the space under the bed where the spare tire used to be and get an aux fuel tank. That would have to be custom since no one makes something like that for it. good luck.

In regards to wanting auxiliary fuel tank. Just wondering if a fuel tank from a newer F150 would fit in place of your stock unit. Not sure what your stock fuel tank hold but my 2013 holds 36 gallons. Extra fuel while overlanding is a non-issue for me as far as I'm concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier