280ge Workshop and Owner's Manuals?

lodgeskins

Anybody have .pdf files to share? I have owned several old cars; VWs, a Bronco, etc, and can usually find the manuals for free online. But no such luck with the G-Wagen; every place I find them, people want north of $50 for the files... You can p.m. me here, or email me at lodgeskins@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Mike

Longtallsally

Adventurer
A service manual is a part. :) Sorry, not trying to give you a hard time, but it's kinda like a software engineer not getting paid for the code they write. To answer any questions of availability, I only found one individual who has translated the manual to English, and as near as I know that is the only way to get it.

lodgeskins

I understand what you are saying, but don't think the analogy is accurate. MB created the material, so the independent manual sellers are charging for their own piracy. After all, we are on a forum for sharing information...
Agree to disagree...

chris505

Observer
Some of the workshop manuals sold in CD form were painstakingly scanned page by page out of the huge book. I think $50 is a steal considering how much the book costs plus the many hours (hundreds?) taken to convert it into PDF.

lodgeskins

If anybody would like the workshop manual, let me know. I now have it, and I would be happy to email you the .pdf, free of charge. I'm here to share whatever info I can, despite how long (or at what expense) it took me to acquire. Of course I support anyone else's efforts to copy and sell the info (yay for capitalism), but as for me... I suppose my tendencies are more communal. -Mike

Canada G

Observer
Mike, i agree with you. I share also all the info i have. If some body needs a spanish 460 workshop manual, i have that and have also à part of a french workshop manual. The english i don't have (yet)....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles