A different way to display your photos.....

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Looking for a good and inexpensive way to show your photos? A lot of people will get big prints and frame them. I wanted to be able to display a lot of prints at once. Here's what I did:

I got a bunch of my favorite shots in 8x10's. Then I hunted around behind various shops and stores until I found a cool looking pallet. I strung some rubber tarp straps from top to bottom and bought a box of binder clips and some fairly large nails. After that, I simply arranged the prints like I wanted and hung the whole assembly.

Pretty happy with this setup overall. It looks very cool, allows me to display a lot of prints at once (in this case 12, although I'm pretty sure I could squeeze 15 on if I really wanted to), and was CHEAP. Printing and framing a single color print can cost upwards of $70-100. This whole thing cost me around $50. $35 for the prints, $11.50 for the straps, $1.75 for the clips, and $0.50 for the nails. I like it so much I'm going to make another one.

Granted, the downside is you have to drive some fairly large nails into the wall to support it (rather heavy). I still like it nonetheless.

WininUtah

Adventurer
Clever idea but my wife ain't allowing that in our house. That would be a great idea for a craft fair type display!

I do have some of my photos hanging in the house, either as Canvas Wraps or unframed Metal Prints. Both of these methods aren't cheap but you don't need to frame.

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
Very cool idea, I like it. My wife and I did something similar but we used steel rain gutter guards, hung vertically and glued magnets to clothespins to get a similar effect.

I have my prints hanging in a local brewery and this would be a cool way to have some rotating images without having to buy frames for each one, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles