Around the World In 800 Days

800days

Observer
We left the UK in May 2012 and drove up through Scandinavia to the Arctic Circle and then we drove across Russia to Lake Baikal before heading South into Mongolia. Whilst in Mongolia we received news that both my parents had been diagnosed with Cancer. We turned around and drove back to the UK in 15 days.

Four months later my parent’s treatments were going well. In February 2013 we decided to head back out on the road. Given the situation we decided not to venture too far. A no commitments route down to Morocco was made, if we needed to return home quickly we could.

We spent 3 months in Morocco and a further 2 in Europe. In August 2013 we evaluated our options and made the decision to head home once more.

In December 2013 Emma and I got married and then unfortunately just one month later my mother passed away.

Adventure preparations are well under way for phase 3 of our around the world journey and the countdown has begun...

Setting off from England on July 21st, we’ll weave our way down through South-Eastern Europe; Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Albania, Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey and Cyprus (phew!). By early 2015 we should be venturing into the lesser-travelled Caucasus region through Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. Crossing the Caspian Sea by ship we’ll arrive in Kazakhstan and pick up our original route through the ‘Stans and Iran before voyaging into Asia.

To get a feel for our trip here's a little promo we made…

To celebrate our website has had a serious overhaul….

Much love.

Andy and Emma

UncleBilly

Observer
Sounds like an awesome adventure. Looking forward too tagging along for the ride 😜

Uncle Billy 🇺🇸

joeyabisa

Adventurer
wow! that's quite a bit of happenings. congrats on our marriage but also sorry for your loss. keep up the strength and carry on. subscribed!

Sirocco

Explorer
Hey Andy,

Glad to see things are back on track, It will be good to follow you on the road. Seems like we are swapping over!

If you need any Central Asia info, give us a shout.

G

800days

Observer
Just pinning down a route at the moment, so we'll be hitting up your website and reading all the blogs!

kserg

If you are passing through Lidzava (Georgia) take a few pictures for me, i lived few summers with family friends there when i was a younger. Not sure whats left of the town but back in the days, beaches there were Amazing as well as food and everything really... Miss that place whole lot.

Also subscribed. Have fun, Georgians and Armenians are great people, very welcoming culture but also can get fired up very easy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles