Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

GalacticFuzz

I recently just got a pair of the 5.11 Stryke pants (Khaki). Originally for work on Fridays (I'm a teacher), these have quickly become my favorite pair of pants. Lightweight, breathable and comfortable as all get go. I plan to get another pair soon.

Big mike

Adventurer
Just go to bass pro shop and find some redhead pants in various styles, and shorts. They look great fill great wear great and for 29.95 because there always on sale great price.
Or go the big time adventure expedition pants pay 75 to 100 and look the same as mine.
Guess that's why I retired well at 53 years old.
Just my two cents lol
Mike

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Was out in another town last week and picked up some Columbia pants and shorts. I love them. Awesome stretchy material and waterproof. I have to say, Columbia has the best cost to performance ratio available now. Every piece of gear I have for my family and I from Columbia is Second to none. I love it.

Frank

Explorer
My top three picks:

Columbia
Exofficio
LAPG

I am a huge fan of Columbia gear. Everything I have had from them has performed great and held up longer than anything else I own. It also isn't too terribly expensive. My Exofficio stuff tends to be for those hot, summer days or has always been with me on my trips. I have several shirts and 2 pair of convertible pants. Ive found eBay to be the best for deals on Exofficio gear. The boxers are awesome in every regard. Super expensive, but awesome.

I will also second the stuff from LAPG too. I have a pair of the Urban Ops pants for around the yard, and they reminded me of my cammies from my 'Corps days. They are very durable, wash up great, dry quickly and are $20! They aren't super comfortable and don't breathe as good as some other stuff out there, but they are fantastic pants. I will probably get a pair of the elite pants this fall.

I've had Prana pants in the past and seriously wore them out after several years of use. I plan to get another pair this year.

peneumbra

Explorer
After a week or so wearing the Blackhawk! LTPs, I think they're the best of all of the tactical pants available these days. Not that I stay awake all night thinking about stuff like this, mind you...

justbecause

perpetually lost
I love all my arborwear pants, I have 2 of their "originals" 1 pair of their originals with flannel lining (not to be work above 40*), my first pair was their "light duty" pants, super comfortable, well broken in now, almost thread bear. I wouldnt recommend them for serious work, but they are comfortable.

I raelly like my filson single tins, and want a pair of double tin, I just wish they had more pockets. I think my next big investment will be a pair of fjallraven vidda pro pants. I wish arborwear would come out with a waxed cotton pant with a larger side pocket, I have always had excellent luck with their stuff.

I have a pair of firehose pants and hate them. the over sized cargo pockets that are on the front of the legs just make them too uncomfortable to wear, and I feel like I am trying to walk through the material with every step.

35xj

Adventurer
I've gone through most of the high end pants brands now. The only pants I buy anymore are from Kuhl. I own somewhere in the vicinity of 15 pairs now. Mostly the revolts as I like the shape the best.
Incredibly comfortable, and ware like iron!

kojackJKU

I finally found a kuhl dealer nearby. Next time in there I am going to try on a couple of pairs. Right now I am in a buying hold as My dr told me to drop 50 lbs or I am in big trouble. So that is first.

Ray_G

Explorer
I'll jump in an say that I too am a huge fan of Kuhl pants. I also have a few pairs of Patagonia & Colombia pants that are excellent too. Prana also makes some nice, comfortable, pants. I have found that I don't like TNF. Also, perhaps somehwhat ironically I tend to stay away from 5.11, Blackhawk, and the like since I spend most of my time traveling around the Middle East and South Asia-while there is no hiding in that environment I've found that those pants scream PMC and I'd rather not blend like that.

kojackJKU

Picked up 3 pairs today. A pair of Columbia active Omni tech pants, a pair of Columbia twill pants, and a pair of royal robbins wool blend. All are super comfortable, and like everything Columbia are great for outdoor use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94