Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Something for tactical entry team to grab?

How quickly people forget. The 5.11 Tactical pant is a spin-off from Royal Robbins. The original 5.11 Tactical Pant was nothing more than the Royal Robbins 5.11 crag pants in a different fabric. The Royal Robbins 5.11 (climbing difficulty reference) was their answer in the late '80s to those of us climbing and cragging in brown Carhartt work pants. That "tactical" loop? That was a carabiner carry loop from the original Royal Robbins pant, carried over. Nothing "tactical" about it at all.

mm58

Observer
Ah yes! I always wondered why they were named "5.11". An old climber myself, I never knew about the RR conection. Now I know. Thanks...

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
These look like the pants you would bend the iPhone 6+ when you sat down. ( insert Eddy Murphy laugh ) No seriously, I wear the Riggs Wranglers that get my vote. I weld sometimes and don't always think to change. I would catch my ******** on fire. These pants with the double layer and ripstop camo my mistakes. My wife is getting sensitive to all my clothes having little holes.

That's what you get for talking out your ***. Actually, you can carry an iPhone 6+ in the side pockets. See that little opening on the side seam in the pic? There is one on each side, It'll also fit an AK47, AR15, Steyr AUG, etc. magazine too, should the need arise.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Ah yes! I always wondered why they were named "5.11". An old climber myself, I never knew about the RR conection. Now I know. Thanks...

Somewhere there is a blog where Liz Robbins talks about the pant and how so many military guys were buying them in the '90s they sold the design and the name to a guy, who eventually built a whole company around a pair of pants.

mm58

Observer
When I climbed, I used to wear a pair of white painters pants with the legs cut off just below the knees. Even sewed in a leather patch on the rump

That's what you get for talking out your ***. Actually, you can carry an iPhone 6+ in the side pockets. See that little opening on the side seam in the pic? There is one on each side, It'll also fit an AK47, AR15, Steyr AUG, etc. magazine too, should the need arise.

You got it right the first time, I am a fan of the AK but have an AR my employer requires me to carry..... How bout picking me some lottery numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Someone mentioned wrangler cargo pants a while back, We have insulated versions here now but they are loose fit. Anyone have any experience with these in particular.

SlowCarFast

Columbia Global Adventure Pant

I love my Columbia Global Adventure Pant. They're lightweight, have a little bit of stretch, and are a trim fit without being tight. They are super comfortable to wear and while they have a single zip pocket on the leg they aren't as clunky looking as typical cargo pants. They are a light weight pant and I'm sure aren't going to wear as tough as Carhartt's but for me that's not the purpose of this sort of pant and I haven't had any issues with durability. I shopped these against the prana and kuhl offerings I found these to meet me needs well at a lower price point. I'm with those who advocate adding a baselayer instead of a heavy lined pant for winter.

kojackJKU

I am a Columbia freak! I love their products. They are awesome quality, work as advertised, The OMNI series of fabrics and insulations are the bee's knees, and the best part they are regularly 20-30 percent the cost of comparables from other companies, and my son gets me his discount on products in stock at the local sports store! I got my 299.99 dollar Down/Omni heat parka for 89.70 tax included! GOTTA LOVE IT!.

kojackJKU

My wife got me a pair of Haggar Kakhis from Target for Christmas, The are super soft, tough (they have the anvil embroidered to the rear of them), and fit perfect. They are an awesome pant for not a lot of money.

4runnerteq

Explorer
Exofficio No Amphi for me. I hate to wear jeans. The Amphi are very light and comfortable. Have 3 pair and the sizing is consistent for all 3.

kojackJKU

Just picked up a pair of old navy broken in cargos. AWESOME. Fit, material, and comfort are top notch and they were 9.99! can't argue that!

peneumbra

Explorer
And if you're looking for a good belt to hold up those pants, I'd suggest the 5.11 tactical belt with metal buckle and reinforced webbing. Hard to get very excited about a belt, but these are pretty cool.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
My favorite pair of cargos is an old pair from Old Navy. They have held up to abuse, and are functional and comfortable.
Just picked up a pair of old navy broken in cargos. AWESOME. Fit, material, and comfort are top notch and they were 9.99! can't argue that!

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
And if you're looking for a good belt to hold up those pants, I'd suggest the 5.11 tactical belt with metal buckle and reinforced webbing. Hard to get very excited about a belt, but these are pretty cool.

I concur about this the best under belt I ever had. Wear it everyday when off duty.

But have you considered a kilt?

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior