ARB fridge 12V - ARB 2 pole auxiliary power socket

enzo

Explorer
I already have the old setup in my FJ but went ahead and ordered a new cord and plug. Does anyone know if I will need a new wiring loom or can I just add the new plug to my loom?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I already have the old setup in my FJ but went ahead and ordered a new cord and plug. Does anyone know if I will need a new wiring loom or can I just add the new plug to my loom?

No reason you can't add the new plug to the loom. We received the new plugs this week but I haven't had a chance to see what the plug is like on them, I'm guessing it isn't going to be the same molex type that the Hella style used on it's loom lead but it shouldn't be anything big to overcome if not 100% plug and play. I'll try and remember to snap a pic of the 10900028 tomorrow when I'm back in the shop.

fireball

Explorer
Axle, I believe Kurt and others are talking about xx00028 as I linked to in post #13 above. The link you have is to the wiring harness part number xxx027 which is I believe different from what we're talking about. I sent that link out in Post #13 to confirm that was indeed the correct piece, but didn't hear any confirmation or denial!

AxleIke

Adventurer
Looks to me like they are the same. The link you posted is just for the socket, while the link I posted is for the whole harness, but the sockets look the same.

Oleg

Here is mine installed in my 4runner for my 50 ARB Fridge. This thing as solid as it gets and absolutely no wiggle.

arb-plug.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Looks to me like they are the same. The link you posted is just for the socket, while the link I posted is for the whole harness, but the sockets look the same.

Yes, the plug is the same regardless of how you purchased it, in the kit or loose.

Runamok

I have an indel b fridge and bought the arb wiring kit with socket. The fridge power cord for the indel looks like it has a different plug type. What are my options?

Thx

RAFoutdoors

Retired Explorer
This is my Two blade socket mount for my ARB fridge. I mounted the socket in the rear cup holder so it would not get damaged by my equipment being thrown in the rear of my Tahoe. This is the 3rd row seat cup holders.

irish_11

Explorer
Does anyone know if the ARB receptacle fits the older Engel Posi-Lock? I am finding mixed reviews online and need to figure it out. I have an older Norcold with the Engel 12v power posi-lock and am looking for a way of plugging it in.

Edit:
The Engel plug fits perfectly. I bought the ARB socket and tested it out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier