ARB fridge 12V - ARB 2 pole auxiliary power socket

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
I just got a new ARB 50. The cigarette plug is different from the expected Hella end. The Owners Manual states revised in June 2013 and shows what I consider a more US style plug. Te owners manual states the plug can be removed from the cord and the cord can be connected to an ARB 2 pole auxiliary power socket. The cord would be tightly connected to the socket as it has a threaded ring. This would most likely keep the cord from disconnecting.e
I cannot seem to find a picture nor where to order one of these sockets. I could use some Anderson power-poles, but i want to learn more about the ARB socket, before i go down that path. Anyone have information?

Thanks in advance

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
image.jpgHere is a photo. The fluted portion of the cord is the threaded sleeve that will (assumably) hold the cord to the socket to prevent falling out/ strain relief.

Last edited:

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Are you sure you don't have an Engel? Your picture is the Engel Posi-Fit style cord.

Pretty sure it is an ARB. Did ARB go back to a re-badged Engel?
If you expand the text of the manual, you will see the verbiage about the 2 pole auxiliary power socket.

Last edited:

Ramjet

Explorer
I have the same plug on my Engel, I just put in a regular 12v socket and use the plug as normal. Hasn't fallen out at all.

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
Found it! Thanks cruiser. Sierra Expeditions has it, once I knew where to look. Ordered.

Thanks, Ramjet. I appreciate your input.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
As luck would have it, ARB sent out a product update notice to all of it's dealers today and sure enough this change is in there. This is not Engel but appears to be an identical fitment as the Engel Posi-Fit units. New fridges will be offered with this model and replacement 12/24VDC cords will feature this style. Fwiw we've got it all here too :D

Ramjet

Explorer
Yep, looks like the new ARB surface mount plug is the way to go if you're putting one in you vehicle. Makes it a lot easier to install as well.

fireball

Explorer
Which is the surface mount plug you speak of? Is this included with the fridge if you're buying the newest model?

Ramjet

Explorer
Which is the surface mount plug you speak of? Is this included with the fridge if you're buying the newest model?

No, it does not come with the fridge, but you can go to Sierra expeditions and it's on their landing page. Also, if you are on ARB's email list, they sent out an email this afternoon with everything on it.

gsdog2

Observer
I just received my fridge and ARB socket. Nice and secure, just make sure to push it in all the way to engage the threads. Also, discovered if you hold down the + and - buttons at the same time for a few seconds, the readout changes to temp adjustment mode. You can adjust the digital readout to the actual inside fridge temp (put a good thermometer inside) , which most find to be off several degrees from one another. I ran mine overnite with a bunch of water bottles inside then made the adjustment.

Last edited:

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
Sierra Expeditions did an excellent job taking my order for an Engel receptacle and shipping it. I want to praise them. Excellent packing, excellent communication, excellent shipping time AZ to VA. The Engel receptacle is as described on their website.

The receptacle fits the ARB cord as ARB said it would. The threaded connection screws on, the male plugs go into the receptacle, but when threaded tight, there is movement in the electrical contact bits. I have not yet hooked up the Engel receptacle's wires.

I do have an ARB receptacle on order, not here yet. ARB states their part number as 10900028.

In the mean time, the ARB fridge runs well and I like it. Set in my garage (with temps in the garage between 50 and 85F), the fridge has run on my 31M Platinum DieHard for 72 hours, discharged from freshly charged to 42%, as measured by the Odyssey branded charger and a VOM. Fridge had 1/2 gallon glass bottle of milk, a liter of wine, a quart of orange juice, 2 jars of pickles, 2 cans of Coke, and a large bottle of Hazelnut creamer. Test ended, fridge put on AC power.
I'm happy, especially now that I'm sure I have an ARB.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
The 10900028's are not officially here with the exception of in the new wiring loom kits. To my knowledge the container is due into ARB's Wa location very soon. (1 to 2 weeks out). When ARB released this part# we pre-ordered a handful of them to make sure we were on list to get them. As soon as they are available we will have them listed on our website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles