Pack Mule trailer with Autohome RTT

Binder Lou

Observer
I am selling, without enthusiasm, my Pack Mule trailer. I bought the kit from Reinard Helder Manufacturing of Marysville in 1992. He was famous for building trailers and trailer kits to be used on the Rubicon. The basic dimensions of the box are 24” x 48” x 60”. It sits on leaf springs and is rated at 2,000 lbs. If you were to line the box with a tarp and fill it with water it would carry the load easily. The bolt pattern on the hubs is 5 on 5.5” to fit IH Scout, Jeep etc. They presently carry BFG All Terrains in 31-10.50 x 15 on American steel wheels with a matching spare on the tongue. The hitch is a Cartwright design on a 2” ball and it does a great job articulating off-road and has never bound up. It is wired for a standard light system and does not weigh enough to require electric brakes.
As originally built I installed a flip top lid to keep the dust and rain out and when opened the lid was a cook and work table. Later I clamped the lid closed and mounted a roof top tent. The RTT is an Autohome Overland in Carbon Gray and it is of very high quality. The tent has been opened and slept in about 25 times and it is impervious to wind, rain and snow. There is more info at their website: http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/overland.php

Access to the gear space is through the tailgate with a sliding floor to ease access. There is also a cook/work table that stores under the RTT and installs on the rear of the trailer.
I had a water tank made up and I installed it over the right fender, it hold about 14 gallons. On the left fender is a 10 x 10 portable awning, I sewed three side panels for privacy and wind/sun protection. There are brackets in front of the fenders for the mounting of two 5 gallon Blitz gas cans. One can is included in this sale. I’m asking $4,200.00 for the package and am not interested in trades. I also have tables, chairs, storage tubs etc. and if you’re interested in the package we can talk about what gear you might be interested in and I might want to part with, outside the package. Give me a call if you want to discuss any details.
Lou…
Trailer table.jpgTrailer RR.jpgTrailer LF.jpgTrailer open.jpg

Binder Lou

Observer
And SOLD....

SOLD to the man in the '75 Yellow Scout. The same thing I'd been pulling this trailer with these last 20 years.

Binder Lou

Observer
From the old towing rig to the new. Both are '75 Scouts. Ya gotta believe in karma.

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Hondo.jpg
    Hondo.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier