Wavephf's American Hilux build thread

Toy-Cra-Ze

Awesome rig man and good fab skills too! I also really like those bumpers you built those are sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AxleIke

Adventurer
I love this so much. What a cool project, and excellent execution. Factory finished look. Love it.

Great work!

94ZRunner

I absolutely love this build. I have been thinking long and hard about starting a project like this on my 4runner. Great work!

Wow! This is inspiring! I'm in England now and occasionally see 90's quad cab hiluxes and have been wanting one after selling my 05 access cab to buy a reasonable family car. Now I'm moving back stateside and was thinking a first or second gen 4Runner would fit my needs better, and I've thought about this idea off and on myself, but now that I've seen a successful build I may have to make an attempt myself! What back seats are you using? Did you make new door cards? Is the rear floor based on the 4Runner or truck floor? I assume mostly runner so it contours over the rise in the frame to the rear of the cab. Did you base the wheel base on the pickups driveshaft? It's longer than the 4Runner if I'm not mistaken? This really is my favorite build! Well done!

ca18_sean

Adventurer
one more question (for now)... are the quarter windows in the rear doors the rear section of the original truck door cut to fit?

Looks like he said it was lexan (I quoted his original post below).

It took a few days to finish the rear doors. I used the front section of glass from the 4runner and built the rear section from bronze tinted lexan. The window mouldings and door seal were made with a combination of truck and 4runner parts. I picked up a used set of door latches from the front doors of a 4runner so I would have power locks still. I had to build the linkage for the inner door handles. I just modified the 4runner door panel to fit for now but I will probably make a whole new door panel down the road. I retinted the front windows and the new back glass.

This truck is amazing... lots of hard work! The finished product is gorgeous :bigok:

Wow! I have seen hack jobs before. Yours is the cleanest job I've ever seen.

How about some feedback. Would you do it again? How many hours roughly went into the body mods? Was finding and fitting the finish parts (ie- interior, glass, etc) a major hassle?

I would be interested in building these if someone wanted to be the guinea pig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94