Front Runner Wolf Pack Containers

zeroland

Adventurer
I think highly of the wolf boxes and have used them on many trips. Tough boxes but they are not dustproof or waterproof so best stored within a vehicle.

Check out a recent blog post on them which includes a video from Fun Rover: Overland Live: Box It

Prado+-+IMG-20140316-01216.jpg

Ranchero

Wanderer
I use four of them and love them. They lock together and you can crank them down without distorting them. They are nice and square inside and out - great use of space.

NW European

Observer
I have four of them as well, and they work great. Stack well, and perfect size for our set-up. Originally I thought they were pricey, but after using them for a year, I think they are worth it for sure.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
X2 on the high top lids...anybody?

I went from ammo cans, to plastic "strong" boxes, to other military surplus cases, to Hardigg/Pelican/Storm cases, and Rubbermaid action packers. I finally landed on, and hopefully settled on, Front Runner Wolf Packs. They seem to be just the right size so you can't stuff too much into them so they can still be easily lifted. They happen to fit perfectly exactly where I need them in my Jeep. As a bonus, there's lots of flat surfaces to slap some stickers on. I use one for tools and spare parts, one for camping gear, and one for each passenger's personal hygiene and clothing.

ezaqa4us.jpg

Richietherocket

Adventurer
Love mine. Strap them to the roof rack and go. One for food, one for kitchen camp box. Stack them up to make a table or use as a foot rest. Things that are dual purpose are worth their weight in gold.

SteveG

Adventurer
Thanks for the responses, guys. I had a feeling these were just what I needed but I wanted to get some feedback before committing. 4 of these will fit perfectly next to my 64qy fridge in the back of my Explorer. I've been looking for containers I can strap down without worrying about collapsing them. It looks like these will fit the bill.

Anyone have the interior liners?

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel
What ever happened to the Autograph 4x4 cargo boxes. I remember they were touted as solving all the issues inherent in the Wolf box design. Did they ever come to market?

zeebm45

water proof???

I think highly of the wolf boxes and have used them on many trips. Tough boxes but they are not dustproof or waterproof so best stored within a vehicle.]

I thought they were waterproof/dust proof ... there is a video on their site showing them soaking the boxes ...

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...bags/front-runner-wolf-pack.html#.U3TsHvldV1E

Just curious cause i was looking into these specifically because they were waterproof...

Does this also go for the Cub Pack? Not sure which size to order but want to make sure they are waterproof before i make a decision. Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles