tmleadr03 builds up "The Tank" FZJ80

tmleadr03

Observer
Oh.
Hell.
Yes.

Last major part is here. Everything else is easy to get.

mAmkRDa.jpg

Probably wont get a chance to get working on it till Jan at this point. But yes. Yes. Yes.

Going with an LY6 engine and a 6L90 transmission. Both of which are here.

tmleadr03

Observer
No lie!!

Started yesterday on taking it apart. Should have engine and transmission out today. Then clean up the engine compartment.

XzCs7wQ.jpg

M4AipBH.jpg

The engine and trans, ignore the jeep tcase.

icnvwLG.jpg

XDGRHSQ.jpg

tip

Adventurer
Great thread that just got even more interesting! Love the pics inside the shop, too

tmleadr03

Observer
Great pictures man!
How's the swap coming along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got stuck just getting the engine out. Which is sad, since I own a shop. The cherry picker picked this time to die. So another is being ordered (Amazon costs me as much if not more then this swap does...) and will continue next week. I dropped the transmission and TCase. I will get the Tcase separated from one transmission and attached to the other this week.

cQGKGpZ.jpg

Speaking of transmissions. Anyone want to buy a good Toyota transmission?

tmleadr03

Observer
More details of the swap please!!

What exactly do you want to know?

LY6 and 6L90 transmission. I am going to use the driveline from the TCase on. The interior is going to remain the same. Exhaust will be custom. I am toying with the idea of running a couple of wires to the antenna buttons so I can do a individual gear selection. The harness I am getting help from a good friend (Toiyabe on this forum and others). We are going to combine the two harnesses.
Once the harness is done, and the engine is installed and hoses and all that are done it gets towed to an exhaust shop. From there to a shop that can flash the ECU. Then it should be driveable.

Ask away on what you are curious about, I will answer the questions as best I can.

tmleadr03

Observer
This update sucks, sorry. I got started now because the shop was slow and it was a good time. I get the engine and transmission out and now I am booked out 2 weeks at the shop and have no time to work on my own stuff. Things are on hold for now. Bah. I want my Cruiser back!!!

rocrunr

Adventurer
Man that is always the way! I have the same thing happen to me all the time. Can't afford to turn away work but really badly want to. Well you've got a good start . I'm sure you will get back at it soon. Till then we will wait. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke